ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New user and first time download, only showing 84 games

Claykay94
Go to solution Solved by insomnious,

I just created this account to play a modded game for the first time. I downloaded the lastest version of Vortex, and the game I wanted to play isn't listed, then I streamed it to my friends and I am the only person only seeing 84 games listed.

This looks like a common problem, and not a single person has found a solution to it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Vortex app, and it did not fix the issue. 

I didn't disable or enable any extensions, I've never touched the extension tab.

I've started the game prior to loading Vortex, it still doesn't show up, nor do the other 100+ missing games.

There is no option to add my own path, BECAUSE THE FIRST STEP IN THAT PROCESS IS CLICK THE GREY'D OUT GAME BOX, WHICH DOESN'T EXIST.

The game I am looking to mod is on that list, it is Valheim. That list is also about 5x larger than the list of 'unmanaged games' that appears for myself and many other people using the Vortex App.

I only see 84 'unmanaged' games. 

I think what they're saying is that by default, Vortex should display min. 226 supported games, not 84. I could see that being bc Vortex itself is out of date or some key registry is being quarantined by AV, etc.

I didn't disable or enable any extensions, I've never touched the extension tab.

Can you confirm in Extension tab whether or not any "bundled" extensions are disabled or in a failed state?
If nothing than is likely some anti-virus app chewing on critical Vortex files.

Edited by vortexposer

• Solution

Your PC isn't letting Vortex talk to GitHub and so can't download the extensions manifest which contains all the details of the games it can support that aren't built in. This could be multiple reasons but most likely is AV software getting in the way.

You can get any extensions you need manually from Nexus at https://www.nexusmods.com/site (search in the top bar) and Valheim as you mentioned can be grabbed from https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/210

Hope that helps!