Player Home Assign Companions Mod Please

I'll take a look at this tomorrow.  It might be possible to add some of the beacon script (cleverly named "outpostbeaconscript") to the home decorator panel.  Doing that requires sort of a back door approach, since the panel is an Activator and falls under the xEdit embargo on copying unknown data.  Getting things set up to even try tinkering with it is time consuming, and it's getting late here 🥱

So for some reason I can't assign crew to ANY of my outposts.  Ship, yes, outpost, no.  This may be due to my Outpost Beacon Override mod.  Never occurred to me to check that since I don't use companions.

I did manage to add the script from the outpost beacon to the home decorator panel, and it does appear (from the messages) that it is working.  I've only got the room on The Key to test it on, but it behaved properly.

I'll have to dig a little deeper, see if I can't figure out why the crew stuff isn't being called properly, i.e. why the modified beacon and decorator panel aren't showing up for crew assignments.

16 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

You have to have a 'crew station' at your outpost in order to assign folks there. They come naturally with the ship, but, for outposts, they are a separate item.

Ah, that's probably it.  Lemme go slap a few down and run a few tests.  Thanks!

Ok, had to move the Crew Station to Furniture to get it to show up in the decorator panel... but crew assignment doesn't show up (it's showing up in outpost, thanks @HeyYou).  I only have the room at The Key though, so I'll need to find another player home to test with.

11 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Do the Vanguard questline. 😄 That'll get ya a nice place.

Oh I've owned every player home in the game at one time or another, I just found I never used them for anything.

25 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Oh I've owned every player home in the game at one time or another, I just found I never used them for anything.

Yup. That's what my ship is for. All the comforts of home, (and workbenches....) and they are always right there with me.

I may build a 'vacation home' in some scenic spot. 😄 But, I don't otherwise do much with outposts either.