Vortex 1.10.8 - Manual Conflict Overrides Reset on Profile Switch

Go to solution Solved by Nagev,

Title, more or less. Vortex 1.10.8 sets all manual conflict overrides back to default every time I switch between profiles. This user has a similar problem and explains it well. I'm apparently fortunate that I'm able to deploy, at least, without losing my changes. Is there a solution for this issue?

Hello devs, and no worries. I've been busy recovering and making proper mashup mods. Thank you for the reply.

@Zanderat - after I saw your comment, I went and looked at that column. I hadn't noticed before, but I'm seeing exclamation points in unexpected places too. As for changing profiles, I'm too chicken to try again until I get this all locked down.

Good luck to all! 🍀

@yofamgaming Thanks for confirming the exclamation point problem.  I don't think the devs were taking me seriously.  I am not switching profiles untila a dev chimes in.

• Solution

Hi there - apologies for the late reply; been busy fixing the profile switch issue. We're currently testing a fix for it @yofamgaming

@Zanderat - it is _not_ safe to switch profiles at the moment as some overrides may be lost. Switching to an empty profile is an absolute no-no.

yofa's issue is unrelated to yours Zanderat, it's more likely that Vortex didn't remove some redundant overrides correctly, fortunately the applied fix will solve both issues.

We're currently testing things internally, but if you're interested in testing with us, please contact me on Discord (nagev_) we will ofc make sure to fully back up your state before we make any changes to ensure you do not lose anything.

- Nagev

I want to share my frustration here. I've encountered the same problem twice, once while updating to version 1.10.8, and again while switching profiles. I have 2800+ mods with a ton of texture conflicts and I have set up manual overrides for almost all of them. The first time this happened the exclamation mark was still there and I could use it as a reference. This time I didn't have the same luck. I spent the last two weeks fixing and redoing all the work I previously did, and now I have to do it again. 

Perhaps consider sending a notification through the site or app to alert users about this issue.

Thank you for your work. I hope this issue can be resolved soon.