Rating system overhaul

Dark0ne

Okay guys, i like the new rating system, but one thing bothers me: If i give an endorsement, the author of the mod will never be able to see how much i liked the mod. Also, when i'm searching for nice mods, I don't think that looking to the amount of Endorsements is relevant.... Because it does'nt show me HOW good it is. ... I don't really know if this is gonna work, but we'll see. ;)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sound verry weired but i dont upload my mods here anyway due to admins banning people so much. i think if a new commenting system is made then we also need to change the baning system so banning is not permanit. we loose so many good modders over being baned forever. thats a wicked thing to do to people.

Actually your were banned previously as "Warlock2008", and all associated accounts and your mods deleteed by admin.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=125886

since you created this one you continued your habit of ratings abuse, and troll like and flame bait posts.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?act=Se...amp;mid=1271868

I may be old, but I am not blind.

Buddah

actually his new account posts doesnt seem too bad. there were some questionable posts, especially in the beginning, but he was giving out some 10's too :whistling:

Yes, that is why he is still here.....I do give people a chance to change, some take advantage of the chance like he has. Others become vindictive and send me love notes.

Buddah

Okay guys, i like the new rating system, but one thing bothers me: If i give an endorsement, the author of the mod will never be able to see how much i liked the mod. Also, when i'm searching for nice mods, I don't think that looking to the amount of Endorsements is relevant.... Because it does'nt show me HOW good it is. ... I don't really know if this is gonna work, but we'll see. ;)

Keeping the endorsements separate from the comments, eliminates the need to remove both when things get out of hand, now the endorsement will stand if a comment is removed, before both were deleted.

Any user can change his endorsement/non endorsement themselves, if their opinion changes for whatever reason, you no longer have to comment to endorse or endorse to comment. More changes/upgrades are planned and in the works, so stay tuned as we have a few issues to address before adding more.

Buddah

it been a while since i been on the forum and just recently noticed that the system was changed.

Seems like you all went to a lot of trouble and work to put this together so kudos to all of you involved.

One thing i noticed is that you can endorse a file as well as not endorse it.

As much as how the system was before i can see a problem happening in the future with people choosing to not endorse a file. This option can leave a negative influence to the community on both users and authors if a problem might arise dealing with a file. I understand people still can choose whether they wish for their files to be rated or not in this way , but where do you draw the line if someone chooses to not endorse a file constructively, compared to someone just trolling or flaming work?

I have been silent for a very long time when i first glanced this new rating system i was like what the hell are this guys thinking and thought i was lost because i did not understand it but later i found out it made finding some of the greats mods easier to find which where not on the top 100,that said i do think this is a great idea and it will take getting used to but the change is a welcome one my first endorsement go to you guys great work you rock!!! and please send a link to contact mad mole i have some great ideas for his vampire mod catch you later keep up the great work guys

it been a while since i been on the forum and just recently noticed that the system was changed.

Seems like you all went to a lot of trouble and work to put this together so kudos to all of you involved.

One thing i noticed is that you can endorse a file as well as not endorse it.

As much as how the system was before i can see a problem happening in the future with people choosing to not endorse a file. This option can leave a negative influence to the community on both users and authors if a problem might arise dealing with a file. I understand people still can choose whether they wish for their files to be rated or not in this way , but where do you draw the line if someone chooses to not endorse a file constructively, compared to someone just trolling or flaming work?

There is still the comment section; and I suppose that anyone wanting to help by posting "constructive" critics will choose that pass.

I would also guess that you won't get an awful lot of useful feedback from someone that needs a check-box to voice her or his opinion anyway.

I was really glad to see this change. One thing I did hate, especially on TESNExus was how the Top 50 list was being calculated. Basically it was a popularity contest, and unless you had a ground breaking mod, you were left in the shadows of the other, more well known modders, no matter how well your mod was made. I really like how the 1-or-10 ratings were turned into the Thumbs-up or Thumbs-down, with the thumbs-down having a set list of reasons so there isn't senseless flaming going on. Overall I think it's a major improvement to the site and gives newer modders a chance to shine and get their work known.

Hi, yes same Si-Shen from the Beth forums.

I heard you tried 2 wireless tests Buddah, and it came to mind that it might be the type of wireless I use.

Its a Rogers Rocket Stick, which is one of those USB modems that connects to 3G networks for net. It might react a bit differently then other wireless.

Is it not possible to put some sort of temporary cookie on to the PC to deal with the rating? Something that is removed or expires that could do it?