Rating system overhaul

Dark0ne

i think that the "Download/rating history" feature is the best of all implemented features.

i was gobsmacked at viewing how many mods i use and enjoy that have NOT been rated by me...

now i have a handy checklist to work my way through and correct that ignorant oversight on my part.

if others find themselves in a similar boat, then i predict a rocketing of endorsements across the entire site.

:)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People laugh, but I keep a kitchen timer on my desk....comes in handy for lots of things. I am not the only one to do this the last time I posted this I got several pm's from others laughing and saying they have one as well.

Buddah

I think these are some very wise changes, and I can really see them working out well. Good job, and in case no one has said it, thanks. I hated that when it came time to look for new stuff, it was a terrible slog through things that either had been downloaded more than others because they had been around longer, or a look at files that while having a rating of ten, had only been downloaded by a couple of people, with the ones right next to it being downloaded thousands of times.

I really enjoy this site, and can't play Fallout without it.

This is fantastic guys! Amazing, Even better than I myself imagined!

I really love the idea of us modder having more control over our pages and having them self contained mini forums is a genius idea.

Great work I must say and I thank you all.

EDIT: The new: Best of The Best lists are Wonderful. Thank you again.

Edited by Loxy38

I'll also put a thank you out to these changes and to all of the administrators/moderators here as a whole. The professionalism of this site/forum is what drew me here and got me contributing in the first place, as well as the people who have kept everything civilized.

I do agree with some of the critical points made here - the 3 hour waiting period one of them - but I see the logic and I applaud trying to improve things.

To what derekhaltom said, "I really enjoy this site, and can't play Fallout without it," I agree. Great job, and keep up the good work.

No worries Dark0ne. I'm greatful that I can download mods here. This site brings together people from different countries with their ideas and art. While I miss the older gameplay of ES games, this site shows art and fortitude of talented people. It is hard to vote on any one persons work. To modders out there... bring back the rpg game... not the eye candy... eye candy is cool... but finding things on your own and discovering are better... even if you die a few times at level 1. I felt stupid choosing a knight and having a heal and fireball spell.. or I'm a mage but can wear heavy armor. Anyways... you keep this site alive...peace dude

"1-to-10 system was always really the 1-or-10 system"

yeah no kidding! While i appreciate to recieve the "10" rating, i didnt like to read a comment just saying "nice" or recieve a "7" rating and recieve comment of "flawed".

"cannot rate a file within 3 hours of downloading it."

thats great. too many people rate from screenshots of just the mods' "concept". Cooldown periosd is the good idea too!

"file pages will become self-contained "mini-forums"

Thats very great for us to elaborate and provide techs supports.

"top 25 that shows the most rated files in the past two weeks"

that means starting today with "endorsements", not Ratings from the previous two weeks right? must be that way cuz my file recieved 25 ratings in less than 72 hours ^^

great changes! the Nexus is evolve to a even greater place for modding community!