How to stop Fallout 4 from updating (Steam/GOG/Xbox)

Pickysaurus

8 hours ago, SigynX1 said:

Thank you for this guide. I was wondering if I set the file to read-only now, then will it prevent it from updating? I've opened the file and it looks like it already matches everything in the depots section unless I'm missing something. 

I was thinking the same. It's still before the update launches, the entries in the appmanifest are still pre-update values, so simply setting the file to read-only now should be enough. And maybe making a backup just in case.

I feel like that should be added to the guide, at least until the update drops.

And obviously that "C:\Program FIles\Steam\" is the default path, and if you have steam installed elsewhere, the file would be on that location.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yuk75 said:

Am I supposed to be modifying the Stardew Valley file?

appmanifest_413150.acf is Stardew Valley so I'm not sure what I'm doing.

No, "appmanifest_413150.acf" in the original post was a typo. 413150 is the AppID of Stardew Valley. The AppID of Fallout 4 is 377160, so you need to look for "appmanifest_377160.acf".

The default path is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_377160.acf

Edited by LarannKiar

2 hours ago, LarannKiar said:

No, "appmanifest_413150.acf" in the original post was a typo. 413150 is the AppID of Stardew Valley. The AppID of Fallout 4 is 377160, so you need to look for "appmanifest_377160.acf".

The default path is: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_377160.acf

So step 4 is supposed to reference Fallout 4?

If that's the case the app id is the same as the website anyway, even on these instructions if I go to ID 377161 I get 7497069378349273908 same as is already in the file, same as the instructions show?

11 minutes ago, yuk75 said:

So step 4 is supposed to reference Fallout 4?

If that's the case the app id is the same as the website anyway, even on these instructions if I go to ID 377161 I get 7497069378349273908 same as is already in the file, same as the instructions show?

Please read the first post carefully. You don't have to make these edits until the update comes out. 

On 4/17/2024 at 2:09 PM, Pickysaurus said:

Open appmanifest_413150.acf in Notepad and look for the "InstalledDepots" section. This should contain something similar to this:  

This is not Fallout 4 !

That is a typo but I am surprised you weren't able to recognise that as there are several mentions of 377160 both before and after it. 

I've changed it now so it should all read correctly.

7 minutes ago, Pickysaurus said:

That is a typo but I am surprised you weren't able to recognise that as there are several mentions of 377160 both before and after it. 

I've changed it now so it should all read correctly.

There are some people here who wondered the same thing...couldn't tell if this file would appear on April 25 or was it a typo. Thank you for changing it, now no one will feel confused 🙂

Edited by RobCrack92