Fallout 4 Script Extender and the Next-Gen update

Pickysaurus

The only silver lining is they didn't hard-bake the free Creative Club content into the main game (same ESLs and BA2s as any other CC content). Would have been a world of hurt otherwise with all manners of conflicts.

12 hours ago, MrBaloneyPony said:

The Script Extenders are designed to fail when a game update is released, this is intentional.  

I just hope that the authors of the 400+ mods I use will update their stuff if need be, I really want the settlement bug fix from the patch lol.

Or hopefully some genius programmer can extract the fix from the update, release it as a standalone mod, and then just make sure to never update your game ever. 

Apparently the new patch doesn't improve graphics, game logic is still tied to fps, and only breaks everything...save for that one fix.  It's like finding a nugget of sweet corn in a pile of doodoo 

Does this mean that F4SE will not work for anyone who did NOT update the game as well? Will I just have to wait it out since the 06.23 one doesn't work?

Wondering do you need F4SE to load custom 2k/4k textures or can they be manually installed without F4SE onto the new F4 update? Seems like Vortex won't run Fallout 4 without F4SE which is what I use to load the custom texture enhancements.

Thanks

1 hour ago, davidm71 said:

Wondering do you need F4SE to load custom 2k/4k textures or can they be manually installed without F4SE onto the new F4 update? Seems like Vortex won't run Fallout 4 without F4SE which is what I use to load the custom texture enhancements.

Thanks

You only need F4SE for mods that explicitly require it. I majority of mods do not, but some popular ones do. 

1 hour ago, davidm71 said:

Seems like Vortex won't run Fallout 4 without F4SE

That is because it is detecting F4SE loader and automatically using it to start the game. Vortex doesn't need to run with the game so you don't have to start the game using it. After all your files are set up simply close Vortex and start the game directly with Fallout4.exe.

2 hours ago, davidm71 said:

Thanks

You can move the F4SE loader (..\Fallout 4\f4se_loader.exe) to another folder but note that it won't stop the engine from loading scripted F4SE dependent mods you that have active in your load order.

Unfortunately, unless a mod have a built-in F4SE detection code which notifies the user about F4SE is missing (e.g. pop up messagebox), without opening and examining Papyrus scripts, one can only tell whether it relies on F4SE is by opening its mod page and checking the Requirements section.

3 hours ago, davidm71 said:

Thanks

No, you don't. Purely for swapping textures (so, nothing new added, just replacing what exists) you need nothing extra, but a few .ini edits. Textures will work without .esp and/or .ba2.

Extracting any - textures.ba2 to your fallout data folder is enough to circumvent the (empty/dummy) .esp file.  Which also means you should not have any trouble loading them anyway, as the .esp file for a texture replacer is only there to add/load the - textures.ba2 archive. There is nothing there which could cause problems (unless they changed the .esp file format, which they didn't)

Well last night I tried deleting F4SE files and Vortex failed to load Fallout 4 with an error in red. Will have to double check and take into account the advice given. Thank you.

8 hours ago, saizer772 said:

Does this mean that F4SE will not work for anyone who did NOT update the game as well? Will I just have to wait it out since the 06.23 one doesn't work?

You can use F4SE version 0.6.23 as long as you have the pre-update game version 1.10.163.

You'll have to wait until you can use F4SE and dependent mods until F4SE receives an update for game version 1.10.980 (or higher, in case BGS releases another update in the meantime).

10 hours ago, GMLP said:

The only silver lining is they didn't hard-bake the free Creative Club content into the main game (same ESLs and BA2s as any other CC content). Would have been a world of hurt otherwise with all manners of conflicts.

No, but I just saw they added a new file to the April 25 update "Fallout4ID.ccc" (see manifest changes). Judging by the numbers, it seems to contain the FormIDs of Creation Club content.