Chris Christie, the GOP's last national hope finished politically?

colourwheel

I wouldn't go as far as calling Christie guilty because David Wildstein kept pleading the 5th. Most people are not convinced though that Christie had "no prior knowledge" of the lane closures being covered up till the day he fired Bridget Kelly for "lying to him". I honestly don't think the bridge scandal is the thing he really needs to worry about even if he did have "knowledge" of what was going on. I think the thing that will truly ruin him is the misuse of sandy aid towards a tourism ads that starred him and his family.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He knew. There is just no paper trail proving he knew.

Plausible Deniability.

... I was about to say the same thing when I was reading a few pages back. Then I seen how you said it, nearly choked. HeyYou! Stop tryin' to kill me! :laugh:

But in relevance to everything, I think he did know as well. I also think Colour is right about the main thing that could ruin him would be misuse of relief funding for ads. Being through a few natural disasters myself, it's a rough go to rebuild a town. I can only imagine how it affected people in the long run when relief funding is used for things other than rebuilding.

He is finished , misuse of public funds designated for disaster relief is clearly corruption and likely fraudulant , there is going to be an investigation and i doubt people involved are going to fall on the sword to further Christie's political aspirations , their gonna be thinking how do I stay out of jail. Just like the guy who fessed up that he had proof Christie was aware of the bridge thing . Too bad once thought he might be a different kind of Republican . Ironic though Congress was withholding Sandy relief funds and Christie went on national television blasting both Republicans and Democrats for playing politics with the peole of New Jersey and he turns around and does the exact same thing with the money they finally gave him. Betcha there is some payback coming.

I saw an article the other day that tried to convince folks that Jeb Bush is the ONLY viable republican candidate for '16...... I don't know that much about him, aside from being governor of Florida for a while. (most notably, when the presidential elections were hotly contested in that state, but, with little fanfare, it came out for G.W. Bush...... even though the whole thing stank of tampering.