Delete saves?

I'll delete recent saves in-game that I'm unlikely to ever load again. 

But otherwise, I move most of my saves into subfolders via my OS's file manager, so as not to clog up the game's load and save listings.  I keep the most current saves for each character in my top-level Saves folder, but move most of the rest into .../Saves/old/2024/ (or whatever year the save is from) after exiting the game.

Spoiler

Actually, being on Linux, I move all my saves into these subfolders, and symlink the most current for each character back into the top-level Saves folder.

11 hours ago, csbx said:

I use mod organizer 2.

As do I.  Some of my mod profiles use their own save folders, while others use the default so they can share save files more easily.

No, the OP is clearly asking for a way to delete save games from a game automatically via a script command.     No idea why.    I personally would be EXCEEDINGLY wary of a mod that has the ability to delete my saves without my explicit request.   I would rather myself choose the manner in which I decide which saves are no longer needed and how to delete them.

• Like 1

I want to be able to have rotating saves but with unpredictable names that will auto delete based in some prefix/suffix.  The standard way of doing this is to cycle round a simple savename formulation and new saves will then overwrite older saves with the same name.

diziet

In any case, it sounds like neither the game, the console, nor SKSE have a script function for deleting saves.

the amount of auto saves is settable, you can have have 10 autos and they will overwrite it each other, however be careful.. if you get what you want and forget to do proper save, your game will be broken if some goes wrong with no rollback system... but it is not crime to be stupid and something need to learned the hard way,  what your asking is dangerous on so many levels, including a PC system security vulnerability, maybe that why it doesn't exist?