Should Settlement Building stay for Fallout 5?

On 5/19/2024 at 8:12 PM, jjb54 said:

NO.

Fallout was / is not supposed to be SIM CITY.

You want sim city - go play that!

Here are my reasons:

- Beth did not think it through as they should have.

-- Auto Enemy Spawn in middle of settlement is not real. The reality is, they should have to go through the "FRONT" or "BACK" Door and good luck with that!

... They did not take into account of walls and weapons.

- The Wimpy settlers .. I often ask, " How did they live beyond puberty? They should have died, with how wimpy they are! "

- Leaving pretty much everything to the your NPC ... and the rest cannot even figure out how to eat!

.. NO - Beth failed big time on this ..

.. No - Don't tell me about MODS that "fix" this. That's the problem, Beth does a lousy job and then expect the Mod Community to save their butts.

you sound like a fun person to be around

To be honest i actually like settelment building in fallout 4 but wish there was more building options, have something like OCDecor in the game, unlimited build (can happen by using consol) and be able to turn off the snapping feature and be able to build anywhere 

• Thanks 1

If any of you guys have played Starfield you know most of the things you are asking for WILL be in the next game but being able to build anywhere will not happen unless they throw away the densely packed open world. Do you really want that?

I think we know two things with the Fallout franchise:

1)  The next game in the franchise is coming when they release Fallout:London.....

2)  The next game produced by Bethesda isn't even going to be a thing until long after this decade has passed.

=======

It will be nearly 20 years between ES:5 and ES:6 by the time they get around to it.

Posted (edited)

I think Bethesda has long reached the point where the aging engine they keep patching isn't capable of bringing the "next gen" features these games need.

Because if that isn't the case, then the real answer is way more damning...

Edited by fraquar

On 5/22/2024 at 12:54 PM, Gomperthemodder said:

you sound like a fun person to be around

Actually I am .. just because I disagree with you and Sim City in FO 4, does not make one "un-fun" ... but I guess you have a very limited supply of fun friends if that is how you judge people?

1 hour ago, jjb54 said:

Actually I am .. just because I disagree with you and Sim City in FO 4, does not make one "un-fun" ... but I guess you have a very limited supply of fun friends if that is how you judge people?

have you tried putting mods for settlment building,  also nuh uh you stinky fart face