Overlap Tolerance in CK?

DirtyDan86

Hi everyone,

what I'm trying to do is to get my heavily modded ship to be available for purchase at in game vendors or at least make it spawnable.

If I understand it right, there is no current way to directly import your ship from your save file to CK, is it?

So I tried to rebuild it in CK. A few tests with simple ship designs worked just fine, but my problem now is, that my ship heavily relies on some overlap tolerance.

Is there any way to set this in CK's built in ship builder? Or what can I do to make that work somehow? (Also CK crashes on a usual base when I'm using that ship builder...)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this would fit better to "Creation Kit and Modders". I'd be thankful if a mod could please move it.

You can add fShipBuilderModuleOverlapTolerance as a Game Setting to an ESM, and it will work the same as if you'd added that line to your INI file.  You have to add it as a "new" setting, rather than as an override.

• Like 1

Oh wow, now I feel really dumb 😆

Simply adding the line to CreationKit.ini worked like a charm. I didn't even realize this existed until now. 🤣

Sorry and thank you both very much!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DirtyDan86 said:

Oh wow, now I feel really dumb 😆

Simply adding the line to CreationKit.ini worked like a charm. I didn't even realize this existed until now. 🤣

Sorry and thank you both very much!

This is what forums are for. No need to apologize. 😄 There is no such thing as a stupid question here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

i tired myself adding following lines to CreationKit.ini, as i did to StarfieldCustom.ini. but these doesn't have the same effect as they do have in StarfieldCustom.ini. i suspect having the wrong functional header.

working in StarfieldCustom.ini:

[Spaceship]
fShipBuilderModuleOverlapTolerance=-4
bShipBuilderEnableReframeZoom=0

what does CreationKit.ini need to be edited to have similar effects in CK?

Edited by mlmlars