The Plan For World Peace?

I've had this in my back pocket for some time now and although it's idealistic and wholly unrealistic, I feel as if it is the only solution to America's and the global gun violence issue as a whole. For this to work, the entire planet has to be on-board but like I said, idealistically unrealistic.

I'll begin by offering a little context as an introduction. Whenever I hear of some new gun control initiative being proposed, I usually scoff. Blah blah blah, yeah yeah, whatever dude. Talk about idealism. Let's face it folks, gun control laws don't work. It's the same rhetoric I've been hearing since my youth. And guess what? People are still killing people with firearms. Some clever sociopath somehow found a way to remain undetected just long enough to legally obtain a handgun and then goes on a killing spree. A 12 year old boy takes advantage of his father's one-time failure to lock the gun cabinet. He takes the hunting rifle and snipes 14 classmates the following day from the rooftop of a building adjacent to the school. Or trophy hunters, ivory poachers, WAR, I could go on and on about irresponsible gun usage.

The fact is, people who should never have a weapon are somehow still getting their hands on them, no matter the proposed initiative or otherwise. And it's only getting worse. Hell, you can 3-D print a gun right in the comfort of your home. Which is a prime example of us humans becoming too smart for our own good. But don't let me digress. I could go on about that too.

Coming up is the plan in three stages. It still needs a little work but I believe it to be feasible if we, as a global population, are truly serious about stopping gun violence. Because, you see, I believe that's been the fatal flaw in the effort so far. We haven't been serious! Oh we may talk a good game about how this initiative will further restrict access to whomever. But that's all it is, just talk. Nothing but lip service. Realistically, the current system only works in a perfect world. The fantastic, imaginary one in which everyone follows the rules and stands vigilant in the firearm access restriction effort. Well, here's a news flash for all the political constituents out there lobbying for more gun control. We don't live in a perfect world, mkay? Not everyone follows the rules and some simply don't give a shart. Then there are gray areas in life, things unforeseen that exploit a loophole in current legislation. So you remedy that with more legislation? And it's always after the fact, always after the bloodshed. Sounds like a bad business model to me. A friend of mine said it best, "That's like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound."

Here we go...

First of all, cease and desist all weapon/ammunition manufacturing and re-purpose the facilities to support the upcoming confiscation effort. For manpower, enlist/employ former workers into the effort. If they refuse... I don't know, give them a lackluster severance package and send them home.

Second, launch the global weapons confiscation effort with technology and resources that we already have. Begin house-to-house search and seizures. And because we know folks are going to hide them, fly over the landscape in reconnaissance aircraft equipped with ground-penetrating radar to find buried weapon caches. Also, let's put some boots on the ground with canine assistance. There are thousands of capable dogs scattered across the globe in animal shelters with nothing to do. Train those dogs to sniff out guns and ammunition. If you need a starting point, travel down to Louisiana and talk to Tia Torres at Villalobos Pit Bull Rescue. I'm sure she'd be on-board. If for nothing else than to empty out her kennels and then go out to rescue more dogs. And as a bonus, she has a vast network of allied animal shelters spread across the USA that she could loop in to assist. Bless that woman and her family, by the way.

As for law enforcement, I haven't overlooked you guys. You will surrender your weapons as well. Need I begin to rant about unjustified police shootings? And yes, the military too... because of that whole war thing.

Okay, some of you are by now lamenting about the infringement of your right to bear arms, so on and so forth. Don't worry. I have that covered. Once it's confirmed that all of your firearms, ammunition, flamethrowers, tanks, etc. have been seized, you will be issued one sword, one dagger, one bow, and one quiver containing enough arrows to get you started. If you want more, learn how to blacksmith. It's still a free country. This is now what you have to work with folks, so make the best of it. Screw up weapon usage again and away go the blades. You will then have to protect your property, defend yourself, settle disputes and rob banks with thumb wars. Remember that game? One, two, three, four. I declare a thumb war!?

Or you could just get along.

The third and final stage consists of the best part! Disposal. The cheapest and most efficient way I see is to drop them into the fiery maw of a volcano, giving all of those resources back to the Earth. I'm sure we have enough aircraft available for that task. There's certainly an ample assortment of volcanoes spread across the globe. Once enough contraband has been confiscated, start loading up the aircraft and take off to your nearest volcano. You could probably drop a fair amount out the belly of a bomber or carry/release at least a 2000 pound bundle tethered to a helicopter... double-propped of course. If it's too far to fly, ship it to a convenient location then fly it over. I'll leave the logistics of that up to the smart people.

In closing, I'd like to point out that I posted this in General Chat as opposed to the Debate section for a good reason. I'll not entertain a debate about the subject. My intention was to post this for entertainment purposes only or to possibly spark a civil conversation. In truth, this was inspired by George Carlin's solution to America's homeless crisis. He advised reclaiming land from golf courses and cemetaries. In regards to the latter, he says, "Plough those mofos up, plough them into the streams and rivers of America; we need that phosphorous for farming! If we're going to recycle, LET'S GET SERIOUS!"

I believe my plan has an equally unrealistic possibility of ever coming to fruition. But it amuses me nonetheless.

Here's to you, George.

Edited by UsernameWithA9
typo

Never work. If you tried to implement that here in the US, you would essentially be starting a war. Gun Rights are ingrained in our society, and that isn't likely to change any time soon.....

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. It doesn't take much of a machine shop to make a pistol, or a rifle for that matter, and making full-auto weapons is actually EASIER than making semi-auto weapons..... It would turn out a lot like Prohibition in the 20's...... you would simply be creating a whole new underground manufacturing/distribution ring. 😄

2 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

Global warming will ultimately bring about world peace. Global extinction fixes everything.

This thread's title was actually an afterthought. I just stuck that on there at the end. Personally, I think the whole idea of world peace is the child of naive idealism and political rhetoric, or BS, and anyone who buys into it isn't seeing the big picture. The simple fact is that as long as humans have something to fight over, whether it be resources or a parking spot, there will be no peace. It's in our nature to fight and we'll do it with or without weapons. 

With that being said, I agree you. Not about global warming and furthermore global extinction necessarily, but that it would take something of that extreme to manifest what those foolish idealists have been hoping and striving for for so long. That was kind of my whole point with the first post.

You know what else fixes everything? Fire, the ultimate cleanser. I hear that our Sun is dying, becoming hotter and expanding as it approaches it's ultimate end. It could be tomorrow or a million years from now. But if we are still here, our end as well. Have you ever heard the cliche/axiom, 'Be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it.'? There's wisdom in that. Something I would tell my children, if I had any. Because I'm a staunch believer that whatever you put out there into the Universe will come back to you, in spades, whether you like it or not. So, when you say you want world peace, you should really be mindful of what you're saying because the Universe is listening and will deliver/is delivering it's version of your request on it's own timeline.

Peace is coming folks but you gotta wait for it. In the interim, sit back and enjoy what George Carlin calls 'The Freakshow'. I know I will.

12 hours ago, UsernameWithA9 said:

I hear that our Sun is dying, becoming hotter and expanding as it approaches it's ultimate end. It could be tomorrow or a million years from now. But if we are still here, our end as well.

BILLIONS of years, with a "B".  The sun is a middle-aged, main sequence yellow dwarf, roughly 4.5 billion years old, with enough fuel to burn for another 5 billion before it expands into a red giant.  Pseudo-science claims about "the sun is getting hotter" is just another attempt to deny climate change is being driven primarily by humans.

Humans will take care of themselves eventually. Either via war, or some 'accident' or other. (biological warfare lab accident anyone? Hint: Covid) Either that, or we will nuke ourselves into oblivion. It won't necessarily be one of the major powers starting it either..... even some terrorist group setting off a nuke in Moscow, Beijing, or Washington DC could trigger a global conflict. Or even some miscalculation by a major power. What do you think will happen if Russia uses a nuke in Ukraine? Will the rest of the world sit idly by? I seriously doubt that.

32 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

What do you think will happen if Russia uses a nuke in Ukraine?

That's been a delicate point ever since the Cold War, hasn't it? One nuke flies thus setting off a chain reaction. Everyone knows the outcome. Result: oblivion. Or at the very least, global destruction and radiation poisoning for those that survive the blasts. That's like you and me have a fist fight and I pull out a fragmentation grenade, pull the pin and drop it beside us. I don't really see that happening. There's no endgame, no benefit because nobody wins. Unless you count which nation is the least mucked up after the radiation dust settles. I suppose the global leaders could conduct that survey from whatever space station they flew off to before the missiles started flying. Because you know they're not sticking around.

By the way, I don't follow any sort of news source as it drives me insane but... Is Russia threatening to nuke Ukraine?