Open Letter to Bethesda

jjb54

Thanks Bethesda, for screwing up my game play on Skyrim and Fallout 4.

So what did you do?

You decided to embed some mods that I really honestly DO NOT LIKE OR WOULD EVER PLAY, if given the choice.

I am unable to disable these mods, because if I do - the BASE GAMES will *NOT* load!!

What made you think I would, or anyone would just like our games loaded with MODS that, well, we could give a rats ass about?

So, the problem is this:

• The mods that I do enjoy causes GLITCHES to my game that either I have to "live with" and/or remove the mod I really want for the crap you gave me!

• Some of the Mods do not even work correctly.

................................ Weapons don't work.

................................ NPC lock, stutter and such.

................................ Quests are not able to be finished and so on.

................................ Mods that I use, CONFLICT with your mods. Thus taking away MY CHOICE.

• Even the mods that you gave, are UNSUPPORTED by the MOD CREATORS, because "Bethesda did this, and we have no idea how they programed them into the game." We would have NO IDEA how to 'patch it' and such."

So, maybe, you should have GIVEN US THE CHOICE, since we paid for the game to be OUR GAME, not yours!

• Load this BASE GAME - *IF* you want the following MODS and give an outline of the mods.
  • Load this BASE GAME - *IF* you DO NOT WANT the following mods. 

Yes, I would be fine with ALL or NOTHING.

But here is the issue. I think you KNEW we would not go for the CRAP LOADED MOD version.

Mods are subjective and players differ in their game play and mods they want and/or do not want and you FORCED it on us and you ruined *OUR* game!

Keep this up and you are going to find, less and less support and a FAN BASE!

It took me months to want to go back to Skyrim, because of "the update" you did. Even longer after your F-Up of Fallout 4. I just started it and well the mods I like and want to use, create "issues" with the crap you forced on us.

I just may go back to Fallout 3 - NV, because thankfully you've not F'd those games up!

. o O ( Please DO NOT! )

On 9/29/2024 at 6:59 PM, jjb54 said:

I just may go back to Fallout 3 - NV, because thankfully you've not F'd those games up!

. o O ( Please DO NOT! )

They messed Fallout 3 up in a patch that appeared out of nowhere in 2021, the patch fixed things that had been fixed by modders over a decade earlier, thankfully modders were able to fix it.

They removed an old Games for Windows Live requirement shortly after being bought by Microsoft.  Seems related to me.

And I think the only actual issue was that the Script Extender team couldn't be bothered releasing another update after all that time.  And Bethesda never allows the script extenders to affect their decisions.

Fixed for mod users.  Not for everyone.

If MS had an established policy of removing GFWL from old games then they would do so.  For everyone.  Not just the people who use mods.

Why is "not everyone uses mods" such a difficult concept on these forums?

1 hour ago, showler said:

Probably because most people come here for the mods, perhaps? 😄

• Like 1

Okay, but when I go to McDonald's I don't suddenly forget that the beef industry has other customers too.

Although there was that freakout at KFC a few years back when people refused to believe they could run out of chicken during a national chicken shortage.

8 hours ago, showler said:

Fixed for mod users.  Not for everyone.

If MS had an established policy of removing GFWL from old games then they would do so.  For everyone.  Not just the people who use mods.

We're discussing mods on a modding site, so yes, they did break what had already been fixed.