The "Mod Manager Download" Link Does Not Download Into Vortex.

GeneralRaistlin

I've encountered an issue where when I click on the "Mod Manager Download" link, the download screen shows up, I click on "Slow Download", but the download doesn't seem to show up in Vortex at all. I went to my Vortex settings and turned the "Handle" toggle on and off, tried again, and nothing changed. I tried to turn off my AdBlocker on my Opera browser; nothing changed. I've tried doing it through incognito mode; no changes. Finally, I tried going through Microsoft Edge, still no changes. I've been going through the Manual Download link and that works, but I'd rather not keep using it for all the mods I want to download.

You have something in your setup that is breaking the association somewhere. This can often be other mod managers or just a browser setting.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/wiki/MODDINGWIKI-Users-General-Downloading-from-Nexus-Mods#i-have-the-option-enabled-in-vortex-but-downloads-still-go-to-the-wrong-appdont-start 

Thanks for getting back to me. I use Opera GX as my browser and when I check my Privacy and Security settings for Nexus Mods, all of them are set to either "Ask" (by default) or "Allow" which has always been there, the puzzling thing is that I've had no issues with this in the past and nothing has changed in my browser settings. So unless there's a specific setting I should be looking for, I'm not sure how to move forward from here.

So, I just logged back in today and it seems that the issue has resolved itself. I haven't done anything to change, but now I notice that when the mod is downloaded, it is being sent into my C Drive instead of my D Drive even though I made sure to set Vortex to put all downloads to my D Drive. Not only that, but now I can't seem to do Hardlink Deployments despite the fact that both my game and the mods are all on my D Drive.