Required files notification and comment download history update

Dark0ne

As a mod author, how do I specify a requirement for all the DLCs of a game? I've got two mods that need all their game's DLCs, but I don't see how to add the requirement. Since you don't host the DLCs on nexusmods, I assume it would go under the External Link area. But, what do I give as a link? A Steam page? The game developer page?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #11754802.

Have you tried it, yet?
I just went to one of my mods, edited its requirements, and was presented an entire list of Official DLCs with checkboxes right on top, before the list of mods on Nexus and the list of off-site mods.

If there is no list with checkboxes in the requirements dialog for your game, then there is no way to add them to the requirements, other than as you said manually linking to any one site where they are hosted. You could ask for their inclusion to the list in the feedback forums, but better expect staff to take their time, currently concentrating rather on the more important issues to be taken care of first.

There are usually multiple official download locations for DLCs. As long as you don't link an illegal one there shouldn't be any problems. After all, people will realize it's a DLC, and if they know of a better place to obtain it, they'll use that one instead. There's no tracking for 'off-site' downloads in the new system anyways, so the exact source doesn't matter much.

Not having to login for mod manager to load = excellent

Having to login just to add a mod from file that was already manually downloaded defeats the purpose. Been trying for 20 minutes to add a file I have already downloaded just for mod manager to tell me I have to be logged in to download files (& won't let me log-in).

Kudos on getting rid of the long load times though.

In response to post #11754802. #11755778 is also a reply to the same post.

Just double-checked for one of my mods for Fallout 3. Went to "Required Files" and all I've got are the two categories: "Files or mods available on this site" and "Files or mods not on this site." Nothing under the former for the FO3 DLCs. Assuming I'm not messing up, then since you're seeing a section for DLCs for your game, them maybe they'll be adding it to the older games later. That would be good. Thanks for the reply.

Either I'm doing something wrong or there is possibly something that was overlooked with this feature. Let's say you have different versions of your mod, and one version requires other files and another version does not. It looks to me like that checking the box to list your mods requirements causes that notification to pop up on EVERY file version you have. I've checked this on 2 different mods I have that require other resources, and I'm getting the same thing. Even though the files that I do NOT have the option to show the requirements checked, the notice still comes up, thereby misleading people into thinking that a version of my mod required additional resources that it in fact does not.

I've even tried to uncheck the notification on all of my files all together, and even though it it unchecked, the notice still keeps displaying. edit: ok, I just clicked on the Required Files link and removed the stored info there, and the notice does not display any longer.

Also, I never could get the link to an external site (NVSE) to save. Every time it would look like it saved, but it would not display in the notification.

I'm getting a LOT if server lag and images from the menus and background not displaying, so I'm hoping this is all just resulting from the persistent server problems that have been going on since 11-11-11.

Edited by Mike Hancho