NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to nexus so how exactly do I update it plz help me

Go to this page: http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?

Find the NMM install link at the top center of the page. It says: Install NMM 0.47.1 currently.

On the page that appears, click the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button.

Choose "Save File". Save it to your desktop is simplest. If you cannot download the file, check to make sure that your AV (anti-virus) and/or browser and/or UAC (Windows) is/are not blocking the download.

Double click the file to start the installer. If it doesn't start, it is most likely your UAC blocking it. If your AV complains about NMM, that is a false positive. Tell your AV to stop whining er, I mean to make an exception.

The installer should automatically find your original path/folder of your earlier NMM installation. (You did say you are updating, right?) Confirm this through your Windows Explorer if you're worried.

Start clicking "Yes, yes, yes..." (GNU license, language, do you want a start folder, etc.) When you finish, the installer will install 0.47.1 right over your old installation. Your mods should show up instantly in their original load order. (Check the plug-in tab to be certain.)

Some people have reported that they had to restart NMM a couple of times to get everything to show up correctly. A few have reported that they had to restart their PC to get NMM working properly. These instances seem to be rare, but try these two options first before posting that your update didn't work.

You new NMM will now start in OFFLINE mode. To go to ONLINE mode, click the little red-colored "buddy" icon in the lower left of your NMM window. When you go ONLINE the buddy icon will turn green. You will also see an empty download speed window open next to it. This only registers a speed when you start to download a new mod.

Hope this helps!

Edit: OH, (insert your favorite Diety) Dark0ne! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! (Teary-eyed)

Edited by LeddBate

Just upgraded after getting the "This version of NMM..." message. That freaked me out a bit initially, but that's why God invented News posts. Worked like a champ, NMM started right up. One click login worked fine. I'm sure it'll take me a bit to discover all the new goodness, but looks like a winner. I couldn't imagine trying to manage my mods without NMM. Thanks dev troops!

Edit: Given how far NMM has come in the last couple of years, one can only speculate what NMM 1.0 will be like. "Psychic Mod Manager, here's the mod we knew you'd want!"