NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you, NMM team.

"we're fixing the bugs that were/are causing the "file does not exist with this ID" error"

The above 'bugs' were beyond NMM's control (it was becoming frustratingly normal to manually install files), but the true headache was the FnF or not being able to manually download from almost any site. If this is truly, finally, being rectified, good on the devs who fixed it. I'll take an extra shot of hoo-dang just for you guys.

Soooo.... Turned of UAC, AV and Firewall. Used a different browser to Download the .exe and still it will not open. This would have been so much easier if they would have just had it update from within the manager. Any other ideas? I am at a loss here...

Do NOT turn off your UAC! If it is still off, turn it back on (at least to default) before downloading anything else. Also, get your AV and firewall back up!

Okay, if I understand correctly, you got the installer to download but can't get it to open, right? If so, try right-clicking on the installer. Click on "Properties". Depending on your Windows OS you should have the option to change the permission for the installer itself (rather than shutting down your overall security.) In Win 7, for example, this would be under the "Security" tab.

If that doesn't help, are you using Chrome? Chrome has a sandbox environment that sometimes interferes with .exe files. Try another browser to download (and shut your Chrome completely down before trying to open the installer.) I know. That doesn't make sense to me either. But it has worked for others who use Chrome.

Edit: To those wondering why they (the NMM team) couldn't just enable updating through the previous version: This was a "forced" update. That is because if they let you update through the previous version, then the previous version would still be going online the moment it was activated by each user. And THAT is what was creating such a drain on the NMM servers. (Well, one of the things.) By "forcing" the update, it stops all the problem-causing traffic dead in its tracks. Also, (and let me admit here that I am certainly a lazy person) a lot of users wouldn't bother updating for a long time if the update was enabled through the previous version. Which means those previous versions would be creating all sorts of problems for everyone. So, yes, it was very necessary to do it this way.

Edited by LeddBate

TLDR Search function please. Sorry for my rant. I would really appreciate a response or something <3 I know this might just be completely out of the picture but I would love to hear whether you plan on doing it or not, it would be very helpful.

Loving the new update to NMM but I would really love to see a "find" function. something like a searchbar to find certain mods. As of now the only way to find a mod is either by remembering which category it is in and then looking through every mod in that category to find it. or switch to the old version with no categories and alphabetize them all then hope that you remember the beginning of name of the mod. so for instance I am looking for the mod "v1.2.3.4.5 Super Skyrim Mod" When i put them in alphabetical order to look for it I will not find it because I will look under the S section when really it is under the V section because that is the first letter. whereas if there was a searchbar i could type in "super skyrim" and presto there it is :D

Edited by barkze

In response to post #11688392.

I am pretty sure this has been addressed before. From what I understand, as MO and NMM work in completely different ways concerning installing mods, I do not think it is possible. Mod Organizer was developed specifically for Skyrim, while NMM is usable for virtually any game. It currently definitely supports 13 different games, with only five of them being a part of Bethesda's TES and Fallout series. The other games are a wide variety which I would not think is supportable through MO.