Console vrs PC

Akrid

First go to This Site and study up on online chaeting in video games, so where all on the same page here. I liek to play Counter Strike only with people I know or with Bots, because on public servers cheating or "hacking" is so common.

I used to love online adversal but on PC its almost impossible to play any game with out running into cheating six year olds. I have noticed that on Consoles such as X-box and PS2 most games are cheat proof (some allow game shark codes) Now I am beginnign to think that Consoles have finaly out-done PC in online games, souly based on having less hackable systems. I grew up playing on consoles and only started on PC about five years ago. Because of the PCs ability to make larger more indepth games and the superior interface of a keybord and mouse I almost entirly switched to PC for all my gaming.

Have PC online adversal games fallen to consoles? I think so.

This troll appears to be hungry.

I liek to play Counter Strike

Sadly, that's about the most intelligent thing you've said thus far.

I have noticed that on Consoles such as X-box and PS2 most games are cheat proof

...Actually, because of that misconception, there's a lot of hubris on the console side that makes server administrators not take any steps of their own to prevent cheating, and even refuse to take action if a cheater is caught.

Have PC online adversal games fallen to consoles? I think so.

Total Steam users at time of your post: 200 000

First go to This Site and study up on online chaeting in video games, so where all on the same page here. I liek to play Counter Strike only with people I know or with Bots, because on public servers cheating or "hacking" is so common.

Err, I don't know which servers you're playing on, but I can count the number of cheaters I've had a problem with on one hand (if that many). Either that or their aimbots are really pathetic. Have you considered that maybe you just aren't very good at the game? Because honestly, 90% of the time someone makes accusations of cheating, it's just a good player.

Err, I don't know which servers you're playing on, but I can count the number of cheaters I've had a problem with on one hand (if that many). Either that or their aimbots are really pathetic. Have you considered that maybe you just aren't very good at the game? Because honestly, 90% of the time someone makes accusations of cheating, it's just a good player

I forsaw that response, tell me where you get your 90% figure from? Did you take a survey? If your refering to playign counter strike source that you havnt had a problem with cheaters then your a idiot, many openly cheat, they admit it. I dont throw out accusations but I have hacks of my own that I use on private servers to see hwo they work and I knwo what to look for. Wall hacks aibots are very common, and very advanced:

Some highly advanced and private aimbots do not even bother to move the crosshair as they are proxies and work on the network level. While essentially charged aimbots with a small FOV, the hits appear to be the result of an overabundance of luck rather than anything magically moving the crosshair. The advantage of this is to make nospread (see below) cheats less obvious and thus increase the effectiveness of them while only minimally affecting stealth.

Counter strike Cheating

Thier are some PC games that I dont notice any cheating on, like rainbow six for ex. But I know for a fact that many PC games are filled with cheaters. Why would people cheat? because they think everyone else is so they get cheats because they dont see why they should be "owned" by cheating newbs, thus making thier fears a reality a game full of cheaters.

**Im mad at you pergeron!**

Total Steam users at time of your post: 200 000

I was refering to quality not popularity, MTV may have a lot of popular "music" that don't make it quality TV.

(edited for hothead comment)

Calling someone an idiot, ignorant, and implying that they cannot comprehend a subject is flaming. Please cool it a bit Akrid. Thanks.

Same to you Marxist, saying someone is unintelligent so bluntly is only going to encourage flaming. :P

Edited due to Peregrine misconstruing my meaning. :P

First, let me clear this up, are you talking about Counter-Strike Source, a modern game that I'm talking about, or the original Counter-Strike for Halflife 1, a game that's years old and not a fair test of modern anti-cheat protection.

And are you playing on cheat servers, or on servers that actually have anti-cheat protection running? Because you have no right to complain if you're too lazy to check the box labeled "show only protected servers."

I forsaw that response, tell me where you get your 90% figure from? Did you take a survey? If your refering to playign counter strike source that you havnt had a problem with cheaters then your a idiot, many openly cheat, they admit it.

Then if they cheat, they are the most pathetic cheaters ever, because I still kill them just fine. And every single time my score drops below a 1:1 ratio, I can tell it's because of my own poor aim, not because some guy is cheating and killing me.

I dont throw out accusations but I have hacks of my own that I use on private servers to see hwo they work and I knwo what to look for. Wall hacks aibots are very common, and very advanced:

I repeat, if those hacks are very common, they aren't advanced. And I bet they only work on servers without anti-cheat protecion enabled.

Some highly advanced and private aimbots do not even bother to move the crosshair as they are proxies and work on the network level. While essentially charged aimbots with a small FOV, the hits appear to be the result of an overabundance of luck rather than anything magically moving the crosshair. The advantage of this is to make nospread (see below) cheats less obvious and thus increase the effectiveness of them while only minimally affecting stealth.

In other words, they don't actually do anything. Because these aimbots, if they're actually common, are no more effective than a below-average player.

Thier are some PC games that I dont notice any cheating on, like rainbow six for ex. But I know for a fact that many PC games are filled with cheaters. Why would people cheat? because they think everyone else is so they get cheats because they dont see why they should be "owned" by cheating newbs, thus making thier fears a reality a game full of cheaters.

You just said these cheats are common. Since I've never had a problem with cheaters, it's the cheaters who are getting owned. Sorry, but PeregrineHack beats aimbots every time. So why cheat?

Calling someone an idiot, ignorant, and implying that they cannot comprehend a subject is still flaming, even if it is Peregrine.

Thanks switch, now please stop spamming my thread with your childish vendetta against me. I think I can take care of myself if I feel I've been insulted. Now why don't you go do something productive, like ban yourself for violating the no-flaming rule by calling me an ignorant idiot?

Touchey. Come on, lets calm down, drink our walm milk and dispel this false-concept that online gaming is being overrun by cheat-free consoles.

First of all, I stopped playing Counter-Strike on a daily basis roughly 6 months ago. At that time cheaters were common. Most noteably people with aimbots and wall hacks. The aim bots would instantly target enemy heads, making a head shot easy as pie. Wall hacks would enable people to see through walls, giving an obvious advantage.

In any given 2 hour session the server I played on would come in contact with atleast 1, normally 2 cheaters. If you think about it, that is quite a lot.

There's a very simple way to combat this problem -- play on the same servers, and make sure they have admins on at all times. Normally mature clan servers are the best option, since most clan members will have admin priviledges.

This does not mean console gaming suddenly becomes superior to PC online gaming. I haven't kept up with console onling gaming, simply because it seems limited in scope compared to the MMORPG's and Battlefield's of this world. What are they up to now, 16 player, tops?

First of all, I stopped playing Counter-Strike on a daily basis roughly 6 months ago. At that time cheaters were common. Most noteably people with aimbots and wall hacks. The aim bots would instantly target enemy heads, making a head shot easy as pie. Wall hacks would enable people to see through walls, giving an obvious advantage.

In any given 2 hour session the server I played on would come in contact with atleast 1, normally 2 cheaters. If you think about it, that is quite a lot.

Strange, since at that time I was playing too, for large amounts of time. And on completely random servers, but I never saw any obvious cheaters. I'd either kill just fine and have a good record, or die because I can tell my aim is much worse. The players were exactly the same skill the whole time, none of those losing records were due to sudden increase in skill by my opponents.

Of course I find headshots easy anyway, so I guess that doesn't mean much. I get about as many as any other player I've seen. So if the aimbots were there, they sure didn't have enough of an advantage over a decent non-cheating player to notice it.

I repeat, if those hacks are very common, they aren't advanced. And I bet they only work on servers without anti-cheat protecion enabled.

I am refering to Counter Strike Source, And Vac is not cheat proof at all. If anyone doubts me we can set up a test match on a secured server (empty, as not to hack on legit players) I will use hacks and own you completely (the hacks will actually) as they make the game so easy its retarded.

So thier is cheating on console online games too? I did not know that, thats why I made this topic, to exchange information and views not call people newbs

you just aren't very good at the game?
with in my opinion is just as much flaming as insulting somones ablility to comprehend.

Archived