The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Slow night, where is everyone??

AAAHHHHH!!!! skunk alllerttt!!!!!!!!, we had a mild warm spike in temp. So the animals are out tonight. AAAHHHH!!!

:sick:

The smeelllll!!!

Edited by Thor.

AAAHHHHH!!!! skunk alllerttt!!!!!!!!, we had a mild warm spike in temp. So the animals are out tonight. AAAHHHH!!!

:sick:

The smeelllll!!!

Lol. :teehee:

We've had a lot of animals coming out in the last few weeks, too. My Dad has caught 27 wild pigs in the last 2 weeks - it has been pretty hectic. :sweat: Also, many swarms of mosquitoes. :facepalm:

Anyway, today we (my dad, sister, brother and I) did some free climbing on the rocks at Port Douglas today. It's not too steep, so I don't think any of us would have slipped, but if we did... *splat*. That was my excitement for the day. :smile:

Edited by billyro

God f***ing damn it! Creation Kit is now just screwing with me, it all worked fine for a month but today it won't even load Skyrim.esm. As soon as I try to load anything, it crashes immediately. Tried verifying cache, even removing it and downloading again - nothing.

F*** you Bethesda. :verymad:

EDIT: TES5Edit works, CK still craps out the same. TES5Edit is quite clunky to use as a general-purpose modding tool, same as FO3Edit, CK is just better for some things. Tried removing all edits to SkyrimEditor.ini thinking that might help, but nope. :facepalm:

EDIT2: MSI Afterburner crashes CK? :blink: I use MSI Afterburner to cap all games to 45FPS, and turning it off makes CK work. Wha... I... I don't... wha... how...?

Edited by Werne

Damn, still can't fix Serana's sneaking bug, sometimes she'll stay in sneak mode even when I exit sneak and it's getting on my nerves. It seems that the script which handles sneak > stand (and vice-versa) is being suppressed by a script that starts afterwards, the Gamebryo engine is designed that way. Stupid engine...

You can get a USB-to-PS/2 adapter for about the price of a Macchiato in your local coffee shop, that should do the job right.

Yeah I was thinking of just doing that, I will.

Also, I dont know how you can say that W8 is unstable compared to Ubuntu.

W8 blue screened on me a few times because of my sound card, but otherwise everything works almost perfectly fine and its super quick. On Ubuntu, I can't play mp3's because all music players crash as soon as i start them up, but sound works fine from youtube. I tried fixing it but I just did something wrong apparently and the software installer told me it couldnt install something, and I had no idea how to try and fix it.

I do guess I need to actually learn the whole OS first, I just didn't really expect not to be able to play mp3's. I think Linux doesnt like me as much as Windows doesnt like you.

I was working on learning the Creation Kit's quest building systems. I got it working pretty well, until the point that the CK remembered that it hates me and tried to destroy everything. I ended up giving in and went back to level design after spending two days trying to figure out why a simple game.getPlayer().addItem XX wouldn't work.

I do guess I need to actually learn the whole OS first, I just didn't really expect not to be able to play mp3's.

If using any of the currently released Ubuntu versions (that means 12.04 - 13.10, not 14.04)...

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:starws-box/deadbeef-player && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install deadbeef

That ought to do it, ubuntu-restricted-extras installs all the good stuff (flash, multimedia codecs, etc) and DeaDBeeF is the best audio player Linux has.

As for failed installations, sudo apt-get install -f should be able to fix most problems, or at least tell you what the problem is.

Also, I dont know how you can say that W8 is unstable compared to Ubuntu.

To be honest, compared to how much Win8 hates me, Linux seems to be quite affectionate towards you. Here's my experience with Windows 8 to clarify what I mean:

1. - It failed to initialize my wifi even though it has the damn driver out-of-the-box, asks me to check online for why is there no internet access.

2. - It blue-screened a bunch of times before I matched the right combination of graphics drivers with it's flimsy display server.

3. - On-board sound failed to work until I forcefully enabled it in it's registry.

4. - Microsoft Essentials blocked Microsoft Essentials during update saying it's malware, then blue-screened the system. :rolleyes:

5. - Had to re-install it three times cause the damn thing has hybrid boot and registry gets corrupted when another OS is booted.

6. - Forced me to upgrade to 8.1, problems 1, 2 and 3 happened again.

7. - Upgrade to 8.1 cause the key strokes and mouse pointer to lag behind the actual action, fixed after 3 support patches.

8. - Destroyed it's own partition once I initialized manual volume defragmentation, reinstall again, repeat problems 1-7.

9. - Managed to somehow bloat itself up to 50GB with just a display driver, wifi driver and Firefox.

10. - It refused to put itself as a bootable OS in it's own boot manager (had to boot the damn thing through GRUB).

11. - Removed it's own kernel during an update. :facepalm:

After that last one I just gave up, I had enough of it.

I ended up giving in and went back to level design after spending two days trying to figure out why a simple game.getPlayer().addItem XX wouldn't work.

It didn't work because it's used like this:

Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(Gold01.GetRef())

Must not forget those brackets. :thumbsup: