The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I think the metal is too light. It kind of looks like aluminium, not iron or steel. I think perhaps a little bit of darkening would suit it a bit more and also help it blend with the wood colour. Also, you could maybe put a few little speckles of rust to increase the depth of the texture.

Yeah, I know. It's even more pronounced now with the darker wood and it's getting on my nerves. I thought about rust but an axe that's actively used is generally cleaned every now and then and doesn't rust, I have an axe for chopping wood that doesn't have any traces of rust on it (metal is pretty much the same type as the one used on old combat axes), and last I used and cleaned it was last year.

The rope bindings look realistic, but I think they have a little bit too much shadow beneath them (more so on the top side) which makes them look bulgier than they should.

The rope texture is a bit, umm... f***ed, for a lack of a better word. The edges of that layer are completely black so if I were to use less shadow on it, those edges would become pronounced, but I've been trying to get it right, just need to fiddle with it a bit more.

Now ia m regretting it because the painter in question is going to painting the room a sleep in a nightly bases at the crack of dawn.

No understand... too grammar... me hurt brain... :wacko:

EDIT: Where is everybody? Editing my post every now and then makes me feel like I'm talking to myself. :ermm:

Know i now y u don't like spel check, u t2 can be bad at typing under o sleep and counting sheep being blown up over the no fly zone over a air force base.

So how is everyone that's still active in here doing?

Quite well actually.

And I figured out I'm spending too much time using a keyboard - I feel like an idiot when writing with a pen. :mellow:

EDIT: This thread is so slow I'm beginning to actually miss the mellow face. :mellow:

Edited by Werne

Most irritating thing about Bad Company 2 (Aside from the five meter-wide maps the entire campaign is built out of): THe devs obviously spent a lot of time making decent-looking snowstorm and dust puff mechanics to obscure vision. They did not, however, make it so the AI take it into account as well. So I spend most of the game shooting blindly into the dust while the AI knows exactly where my head is.

So how is everyone that's still active in here doing?

The thread kind of slowed down a lot, I guess we're all busy.

Pretty good! I'm settling back into uni and I'm already piled under work and assignments, but at least it's not very difficult yet.

How are you?

EDIT: This thread is so slow I'm beginning to actually miss the mellow face. :mellow:

... This is a dark day, indeed.

Hello they can detect asteroids in another solar system with water, if they have such sensitivities telescopes then surely life is not that hard to find.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140306142550.htm

i wish those 33 guests would sign in and type something here. PLLLLEEEAASEEE FOR ALL SLOWWNESS!! :blink:

Edited by Thor.

Huh, all those guests are gone now. Cowards!

Anyway, today I'm going to buckle down and finish those blasted swords. I'm going to redo the textures for Shadowsting, Magebane and Shimsil. Then I'll hide them around the place and give appropriate clues, and I think they'll be ready.