The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm not a fan of Dark Souls, mostly because I have a short temper and I value my laptop. I don't see the game's deaths as a learning curve - I see them as a failure on my part, and I'm too fond of solving my problems by punching them to accept that.

Also, I like fair fights. Dark Souls consists of enemies who kill you in one hit and themselves take 20, which is not fair. If it was, say, 2 hits for both you and the enemy before dying, then I'd be fine with that.

That's how I've got Skyrim and Oblivion set up. If I die, it's because I screwed up, not because the enemy had unreasonable stats that outweighed my playing ability.

So you see, I am not weak. :P

Edited by billyro

I bought DarkSouls at STEAM.

Big mistake on my part, because my keyboard function keys whipped the character around too fast and shot him past the loot spots just at the touch of a button. It's just not the same as the console controls and the game is set up for the XBOX style or PS3 console controls.

Boo hoo!

I so wanted to bash and smash those challenging monsters after I have been charged up by all the hype.

Boo Hoo.

That's is an interesting enough engine development to convince me to stay around longer and maybe get to see the first ship to Mars which takes maybe 6 weeks instead of 6 months.

By the time it is developed and working for a ship maybe then a longer distance traveling ship will be in construction outside the Space Lab.

I think we human have some sort of addiction to a peddle we press with our foot to get things moving. Not to mention sound. While outside in outer space the vacuum of space allows no ship noise and/or turret firing sounds.

If it weren't for sounds added to ships flying in outer space some say the movie "Star War's" and the Star Wars MMO would not have succeeded.

If it weren't for sounds added to ships flying in outer space some say the movie "Star War's" and the Star Wars MMO would not have succeeded.

That might very well be true. Both the sounds and the music have likely contributed greatly to it's success.

I win.

Even the warp drive noise from U.S.S. Enterprise may have contributed to our youthful attention for fast moving vehicular speeding along the outer realm so we were baited to wait for the next episode of Star Trek. Sitting front of our TV with a glazed look on our face; pumping the gas pedal. :laugh:

I'm Gen Y; I came into Star Trek with the films in the late 2000s, and the audio struck me almost immediately as a very strong element. It added hugely to both movies, Into Darkness especially.

From my experience, people like noisy machines, particularly vehicles. I'm only guessing, but I'd think it's because it gives the machine a "voice" ands makes it easier for us to connect with it. Or maybe we just like loud noises. As someone who likes cars, for me(and most car enthusiasts) a pleasant engine note adds a lot of extra character. The Mini Cooper is a great example, it's deep baritone gurgle makes it sound about twice as big as it actually is.

Edited by Vindekarr