The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Construction Season ? You mean muddy soupy season ?

But ahh ya ... you gota get below that frost line for foundation ... so better soup than frozen muskeg ? 3-4 ft frost line ?

"Construction Season" is more a disparaging remark made by drivers ... stuck waiting for yet another flagman standing there with his stop sign while the work crew appears to be working hard at getting that bug that's biting their rear.

And yes, those guys who have buggy rears also have the technology to make mud (how would you like it today sir ... thick like putty or would you perhaps prefer our from the roofline to the bottom treatment?).

Well thats just the laws of physics with constructing. Displacing all that dirt to get to the frost line ... expands it , spreads and tracks it around. Mix a little water , and you've got a real big mess ... hehe.

Disparaging comment ? If you think so ... but just try and live with out construction .

Well thats just the laws of physics with constructing. Displacing all that dirt to get to the frost line ... expands it , spreads and tracks it around. Mix a little water , and you've got a real big mess ... hehe.

Disparaging comment ? If you think so ... but just try and live with out construction .

But the potholes add so much more adventure to the trip!!

I suspect you are one of those "white hats" I see occasionally ... generally standing off from the yellows, often carrying a rolled up paper or two.

Street construction ? No I wouldn't dain to work on such a crew/job.

I build houses ... but now at age 50 ... I just fix old houses.

So I got the right headwear ... just the wrong worksite. You do need to remember I specialize in hyperbole (though the disparaging remarks part is for the most part accurate ... guess I'm a different guy when I have a wheel in my hands).

Wheel ... whats a wheel got to do with it ... are you measuring plots ?

No driving ... let's say I'm not a laid back chill kinda guy when driving (unless I have nothing but unbroken, unoccupied road in front of me ... I know a lot of "back ways" to my usual destinations).

I have seen those wheels you're talking about though, usually along the side of those spots that have the rear scratching guys making more mud.

Edited by Striker879

But the potholes add so much more adventure to the trip!!

If it's adventure by potholes you seek ... you should visit New Orleans.

Plenty of potholes around here , but plenty of road construction too.

And in fact we have a new failed construction site turned tourist site ... the Hard Rock Hotel collapse.

Which sounds like there was a bunch of shenanigans going on in the white hat department.

And makes me wonder if they would call it white collar crime vs blue collar crime ?