The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I wanna buy myself an oscilloscope but they're so damn expensive, even those old analog ones from the 60s (that may or may not work) cost quite a bit and most of them don't come with probes so I'd have to buy those separately. In the end I'll probably just go and buy one of those cheap Chinese ones off eBay and hope it works as it should.

And, as always, I win.

So you know ... could just use an old TV ... notice the static changes as you put different signals across it's display.

And then there's Paga ... just input an idea ... and he gives you something similar to an oscilloscope display .

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink: :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink:,,,...<<<BL@tCH

Without a personality there is no who am I? There's only: who do I want to be next?

So you are saying you do not know who you want to be ... atleast in the next life ?

And then there's Paga ... just input an idea ... and he gives you something similar to an oscilloscope display .

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink: :smile: :smile: :smile: :wink:,,,...<<<BL@tCH

Without a personality there is no who am I? There's only: who do I want to be next?

So you are saying you do not know who you want to be ... atleast in the next life ?

I want to be a River ~..~""~..@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXPXkAhB6ek

I just thought that line up while I was focused on your various personality switches. Utahian! You switched so many times I suspect you've only begun to develop the Mktavish personality. New Orleansian. I wonder how many more you will share with us before you get seated into the new make believe you that you think you like now.

Who were you before you became an Internet Personality?

I just thought that line up while I was focused on your various personality switches. Utahian! You switched so many times I suspect you've only begun to develop the Mktavish personality. New Orleansian. I wonder how many more you will share with us before you get seated into the new make believe you that you think you like now.

Who were you before you became an Internet Personality?

LOL ... will you girls get along!!

He was an outernet personality of course Paga ... what else could Mk have been?

- Edit - And I'll have you know Paga I'm still worried about what I may or may not see tonight while awaiting the little sand people ... the visuals I got of the Paga men's fashion show were traumatizing to say the least!

- Edit 2 - Maybe the safe route would be to watch Mk's river ... it is 8 hours of the same sounds and same scene. If that can't erase a few memories nothing will!

Edited by Striker879

You've been so long in returning I thought you might have weighed anchor at the Gore Museum and found a lot that caught your eyes so you were nearly caught in the museums net of intrigue and became an ornament. Bait for eyes! Get it?

I thought the mind control thought would have reminded you of Beavis and Butt-Head commentaries, not fashion in a snarky smelter town full of old people who didn't get the message to move in 1984 while they were still young enough to go follow the smelter owners to the new place the rest of the smelter workers were going.

Instead they sat around until they got old dreaming about the good old times they stacked ingots, stoked furnaces with coal, melting lead, silver, and swam in the copper sheeting pit dressed up in those suspender style fishing pants as they were pulling plates of charged copper from it, and sending the sheets to the wash.

Or driving the fork lifts around with a ton of lead ingots precariously rocking back and forth, to load on trucks to take the shipment of lead to the atomic waste dumps to shield us from the ground filled with barrels of radioactive waste from the Big cities, Nuclear Power Plants. Out here where we get our electricity from Hydroelectric Dams.

We've got mounds with 55 gallon drums full of radioactive waste. Nicely packed in gold thinly painted on the inside of 16 inch thick walls of lead surrounding the barrels.

I'm not glowing, but the guy next door has a look about him that suggests if a small black light were to be aimed at him in the dark you could see his brain through his skull glowing like dayglow colors flowing around in white streams of sun bright yellow dayglow. :laugh:

Edit: I drank some of that stuff that helps me sleep. Has some stuff to keep my lungs fresh and clear as I rest too. We're so close to the waste that none of the codeine stuff helps cool our overheated brains. I got some real powerful designer type opioid combined with acetaminophen a year ago and it was the first time I felt good for a week. It reminded me of how Mom seemed to be able to wash away the pain from a bump bruise or scratch with just her gentle touch and soothing words which sent me out ready for another round in the blistering sun gaming in the yard with the elder siblings. I haven't had that good a feeling in a long time.

You've been so long in returning I thought you might have weighed anchor at the Gore Museum and found a lot that caught your eyes so you were nearly caught in the museums net of intrigue and became an ornament. Bait for eyes! Get it?

I thought the mind control thought would have reminded you of Beavis and Butt-Head commentaries, not fashion in a snarky smelter town full of old people who didn't get the message to move in 1984 while they were still young enough to go follow the smelter owners to the new place the rest of the smelter workers were going.

Instead they sat around until they got old dreaming about the good old times they stacked ingots, stoked furnaces with coal, melting lead, silver, and swam in the copper sheeting pit dressed up in those suspender style fishing pants as they were pulling plates of charged copper from it, and sending the sheets to the wash.

Or driving the fork lifts around with a ton of lead ingots precariously rocking back and forth, to load on trucks to take the shipment of lead to the atomic waste dumps to shield us from the ground filled with barrels of radioactive waste from the Big cities, Nuclear Power Plants. Out here where we get our electricity from Hydroelectric Dams.

We've got mounds with 55 gallon drums full of radioactive waste. Nicely packed in gold thinly painted on the inside of 16 inch thick walls of lead surrounding the barrels.

I'm not glowing, but the guy next door has a look about him that suggests if a small black light were to be aimed at him in the dark you could see his brain through his skull glowing like dayglow colors flowing around in white streams of sun bright yellow dayglow. :laugh:

Edit: I drank some of that stuff that helps me sleep. Has some stuff to keep my lungs fresh and clear as I rest too. We're so close to the waste that none of the codeine stuff helps cool our overheated brains. I got some real powerful designer type opioid combined with acetaminophen a year ago and it was the first time I felt good for a week. It reminded me of how Mom seemed to be able to wash away the pain from a bump bruise or scratch with just her gentle touch and soothing words which sent me out ready for another round in the blistering sun gaming in the yard with the elder siblings. I haven't had that good a feeling in a long time.

Sorry Paga, but I see you are aware of how easily I am distracted. Apparently in Gore Bay the COVID lockdown is so extensive that even internet resources are suspected of conveying the virus and thus deemed unavailable. I did find some pictures but none that displayed the subject I wanted to present in sufficient detail. So here's a "best efforts" of what I found before getting well and fully sidetracked ...

Not a good time for a road trip to Gore Bay (at least not if you're museum hopping), but by the power invested in Google by the Almighty his-self item labelled number six is the subject that they had hidden from view, and which I wanted to present for your consideration.

If you were to wander (well a fairly brisk paced wander) north of the marina for about a half hour or less (leg length and your own personal distractability index are important factors that come into play while attempting to determine an appropriate timeline duration for the wander package ... ya, I've been working on AI packages again) you will find yourself at the Janet Head Lighthouse (which at one time had a nice little museum of it's own, now dispersed to various museums on the island). The lighthouse is on the west point that forms Gore Bay, and the west point is more extensively eroded that the East Bluff. Along the shoreline at Janet Head you'll find a limestone shingle beach of various sized, mostly flat skipping stones and almost all children and their accompanying adults will spend some time redistributing the most suitable of those into the bay in as "skipping" a manner as possible (no fear ... there seems to be a limitless supply, so don't hestitate to try your arm out).

Some, while searching for that perfect skipping stone for the next attempt at ten skips, will notice what could be mistaken for some kind of tooth. I was fortunate in that my first visits to Janet Head were back when the Lighthouse museum was still operational, and they had a collection of coral horns. When I inquired regarding perhaps purchasing some I found out they weren't for sale, but plenty could be found at the shingle beach just across the road. The granddaughter quickly tired of the search, but while she resumed redistributing skipping stones into the waters of the bay grandpa continued with typical dogged persistence.

Finding the first one is the watershed moment, and soon with more practice they practically jump out and into a pocket. Unfortunately I can't share a photo of my own collection as it is currently about an eight or nine hour drive away, but it is about 20 or 30 strong ... enough to fill two medium sized drinking glasses. I like to give one to any visiting kids I get introduced to, of course with full instructions to kids and guardians on where to look for more, and searching tips. Often my own "example piece" is returned along with a show and tell session on their own finds.

The lighthouse shingle (indeed all shingle beaches in the area) are home to a wide variety of similarly aged fossils, all part of the record of the Great Permian Extinction event which has concentrated them into a particular limestone layer that is exposed extensively along the Manitoulin north shore. They have eroded out and the spring ice shoves renew the beach shingles regularly. You'll find many examples of fossil corals beyond the Grewinkia canadensis that predominate in my own collection such as numerous examples of Favistina stellate ( fairly large and easily found in the shingle due to the distictive whiteishness contrasting with the more predominately greyishness of the native shingle rocks) along with a number of species of Brachiopods and Gastropods. In some places on the island the exposed strata have yielded fine examples of Trilobites, and indeed almost all strata from the productive eons of the Ordovician and Permian periods are found somewhere on the island.

Whew ... there I managed to put together more than I'd thought possible. It is surprising to me at times what I can get done when pressed, so thank you for the reminder Paga.

- Edit - At first I was thinking of doing a little needling on how even though you may have more "man-years" than I Paga I have the greater "fossil-years" by a fairly significant margin ... and then I saw this.

A little primer for those who aren't right up to snuff on your high school chemistry (Striker holds up his hand) ...

Hydrogen symbol - H

Carbon symbol - C

Oxygen symbol - O

Iron symbol - Fe

Gold symbol - Au

Phosphorus symbol - P

Copper symbol - Cu

So now I ask, how old are you?

Edited by Striker879