The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I found a really cheap yet decent server mobo, just imagine two 16 core opterons in a raid config. i would only be able to afford one, and one later for upgrade.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131643

compremize, seems like server mobos are a tad behind when it comes to pci e versions, its still in the v2 era.

I'm sure they could be down scaled though.

I feel sorry fro developers for gaming if they have to share a servers like these, they are so out of date its not funny. Any decent mobos, anyone willing to share. Anything with pci e 3.0 and ddr3 more then 1600mhz and supports the latest cpu's. Even the new quad socket mobos are not up to spec.

I guess it people don't care about that, they obviously have no clue what they are missing out on.

I did a thorough search of all sorts of server mobos, same outdated specs. I give up, my dreams of having a multi cpu setup may have to wait lol.

In other news, Ultra D :dance:

Edited by Thor.

compremize, seems like server mobos are a tad behind when it comes to pci e versions, its still in the v2 era.

I'm sure they could be down scaled though.

I feel sorry fro developers for gaming if they have to share a servers like these, they are so out of date its not funny. Any decent mobos, anyone willing to share. Anything with pci e 3.0 and ddr3 more then 1600mhz and supports the latest cpu's. Even the new quad socket mobos are not up to spec.

You know Thor, you remind me of some Arch Linux users I've met, they want the bleeding edge but they got no idea why would they even want bleeding edge.

PCI-E 2.0 is still not fully utilized by today's graphics cards, even Radeon 7990 and GTX Titan do not benefit from PCI-E 3.0 since they can't even get 2.0 to the limit. RAM frequency? I use DDR3-1333 but I have a few sticks of DDR3-1600, I tried both and I can't say 1333 and 1600 make much difference to me, it does when I fiddle with latencies but otherwise they perform pretty much the same.