The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Ugh, I gotta go to school today. I'm already an electromechanical engineer and in the next six years, I should add three more professions to that - radio-communicational and professional electronics engineer, traffic technician, and industrial electronics engineer.

Then I'll know a lot of things ranging from power plants to CPU wafers, will possess four professions, three of which are industrial engineering. Maybe then I'll be able to find a decent job (actually, a job, period). :thumbsup:

By the way, I win. :cool:

You know this made me think.

After I finish University, I'll have the title of BSc. Bachelor of science, which sounds like I'm some kind of waiter that's good with chemistry jokes.

The definitions of "bachelor" are also:

-a man who has never been married

-a male bird or mammal without a mate, esp. one prevented from breeding by a dominant male

-knight bachelor: a knight of the lowest order

So basically I'll spend 4 years of my life getting a demeaning title.

the clusterduck is that in most cases you don't even get a job with it either and that you probably spend the next 26 months trainee for it. If you make your Bachelor you still need to wait in Croatia half a year till the forms are filled out and send to you that you have made it. Last year a fellow Nexus member I know of had the same trouble in Croatia getting his MD. in Nuclear medicine.

I'm studying in the UK, no way I will study here in Cro.

:thumbsup: Good! Please keep us updated how you fare. My best wishes for you.

Will do and thank you.

I'm applying soon so I'll see how that goes.

I don't know what you'll be studying so I can't say anything about that, but in my case, it would be better off for me to study in Croatia. As much as it's a pain in the ass, Croatian universities are well respected out in the world, not in Croatia though.

Some like FER (that's where I intend to go) are even more respected than other well known foreign universities because of our study programs which are far more complicated and extensive. A guy that went to school with me got a job at Bosch/Siemens working on designing electronics for their professional products, they dropped the guy from MIT that finished with straight A's for a guy from Croatia with half-arsed grades, both had the same profession, which speaks volumes about how respected is the FER university.

Edited by Werne

I don't know what you'll be studying so I can't say anything about that, but in my case, it would be better off for me to study in Croatia. As much as it's a pain in the ass, Croatian universities are well respected out in the world, not in Croatia though.

Some like FER (that's where I intend to go) are even more respected than other well known foreign universities because of our study programs which are far more complicated and extensive. A guy that went to school with me got a job at Bosch/Siemens working on designing electronics for their professional products, they dropped the guy from MIT that finished with straight A's for a guy from Croatia with half-arsed grades, both had the same profession, which speaks volumes about how respected is the FER university.

I know. But I think that I'm not able to finish universities or colleges in Croatia. I have too much trouble with dealing just with high school, I don't think I'd survive higher education. A few friends of mine will study at FER, I'll probably visit them sometimes, if you'll be there I might actually get to meet you as well :tongue:

Also,

That feeling when you write a poem that rhymes in a foreign language at almost midnight while being sick and you still have a 2 in your native language.

Ladies and gents I present to you,

My Brain; willing to do everything for love but when it comes to Dostoyevsky it wont do s***.

clap clap clap

Edited by Iv000

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.dailydawdle.com/images.dailydawdle.com/425x640xsquirrel.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fe-NO6y-4r.jpg

Auto correct fail!

:laugh:

We actually had a squirrel in our house once ... I was not pleased.