The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I think we all have a to-do list that seems never ending...

I'm fortunate now in that nothing on my to-do list actually matters, in the grand scheme of things, and it's all voluntarily added. :thumbsup:

Much better than when I had a never ending, ever expanding to-do list of corporate pointlessness.

Tomorrow's to-do list, subject to weather:

- Watch the bees being bees

- Mod for a bit

Which to-do list are we talking about? I have two, my real life one and my not real life one. The latter includes college. No, wait. That doesn't seem right.

Oh well, back to Skyrim.

But seriously my real to-do list is small. It currently consists of:

-College stuff

Nooowwww my gaming to do list... Well that keeps growing. I keep trying to learn Blender and stuff to get into modding. But then something always happens. Cleaning the computer, a new DLC, a new game, random screenshot creations, real life interferes, orrrr....

Anyway I've been thinking for a long time I need a new house in Skyrim so I'm going to start that tomorrow... Hopefully. ._.

(Yep, Thursday is my off day. Besides Saturday and Sunday. You could count Tuesday which consists of a class that lasts a whopping fifty minutes. And its when we learn how to take good notes and have a healthy relationship with our professors, so its not a real class.)

Yep I have more to type, I've been playing Baldur's Gate with my brother. And we are horrible at it, mostly because he plays like an a-hole and I try to be nice. Except for the time I killed one of his people since she was pretty much screwed. Thinking about it, I may have actually played this a long time ago, I think my dad had it.

And a close friend of mine lost her dad recently. I am horrible at trying to talk to people after things like this. Eghhh maybe not, I just hate saying "I'm so sorry" like everyone else. And then I fret because I can't think of anything else to say, so I say something like that and just be my normal self (I guess, which, according to my English teacher, is funny and makes everyone around me feel good). Which I guess was fine because she was happy.

Hmm what else is going on in my life. Oh, I feel like crap. I'm getting horrible headaches and I can't breath through my nose, I wake up with a sore and dry throat, coughing. And its all because of allergies, or at least that's what my mom kept saying until she got the same headache (same place I had one) and then it was suddenly "just something that's going around." I spent $600 on a laptop at notBestBuy. $100 for Office, $100 for one freakin year of warranty and tech support, and $400 for the laptop. The cheaper one I wanted was "sold out" and the other cheap one didn't have a disc drive. And then I learn most of my classes don't allow laptops. "You need a laptop for college," nice advice dad.

Hmm... I also have a car that needs a crap load of work. My dad gave it to me and quit working on it. Its a 1974 (or was it 73?) Plymouth Duster. In case you wanted to look up some pictures. Mine is red and black.

I also have a friend who, and I know this sounds really really mean, that I kind of want to get away from. He's really nice, but honestly the things we believe are complete opposites. And it hit me when I had to read a paper of his and it actually made me angry with him. Now he also has a girlfriend and they are one of those couples that are awkward to be around because they like to touch each other too much (not inappropriately, they are both very religious and not at all like that, but they always mess with each others hands and hair and its just awkward talking to one while the other is smoothing their hair). But the thing is, I can't do it. I can't just be mean. Just like there was a girl who I honestly felt bad for, but was really annoying, and I couldn't tell her to just back off and find a new friend. I was way too nice. She liked to punch people and crap but sometimes she could be really funny and nice, and everyone else hated her because she was too loud. And so I couldn't be mean. In fact in my whole life there is only one or two people I have ever straight up been mean too. And I couldn't even stay mean all the time! And I really really didn't want to be nice, but I just did. One actually thought I was friends with him, and this one was home-schooled at first, and the first thing he ever said was he would stab me with his samurai sword. He also pushed himself into a "prank war" I had started with a friend of mine (this involved GermX and putting it in a seat or on the desk, but hey at least I wasn't running around squirting it at people. If this doesn't give anything away, my graduating class of maybe forty was crazy. We made T-shirts of our new principle who had left his mobile pictures visible on Facebook. We decided on one with his mouth open really big and bubbles on his face at a Rammstein concert. Then I took the idea to Facebook and messaged my entire class, and a girl from my class took like fifteen dollars from everyone who wanted one then went and got T-Shirts made that night so we could wear them to school in the morning.)

Well I have nothin else to say I guess. Sorry for such a long post I just like to write sometimes. Its nice to see words when you push keys. And... I don't know... Its nice to just talk to all of you I guess. I mean, there are a lot of people who you see on the internet and never really seem like they are people outside of the game. And everyone here (at least in this topic) is just... Real. Everyone talks about whatever and whats going on in their lives and its kind of refreshing I guess.

Which is probably why this is the site I visit the absolute most. And I mostly visit the forums, whether reading or posting I visit a lot.

And holy crap I went crazy with this post. I don't really know if I should post it, I don't feel embarassed to do that but I feel like I should cut out this huge thing I created at least, but I won't do that and I'll post it anyway. :blush:

PS if you actually read this, thanks. It took a few good minutes to type this even though I just let my fingers loose as my brain thought words.

Edited by K00L

I actually read that long post there. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif

I've been in a few situations like yours. I don't feel like making a long post right now as it is 1:20 in the morning and I have a slight headache (probably from staying up late the past few nights).

And everyone here (at least in this topic) is just... Real. Everyone talks about whatever and whats going on in their lives and its kind of refreshing I guess.

Which is probably why this is the site I visit the absolute most. And I mostly visit the forums, whether reading or posting I visit a lot.

I actually have quite a few conversations through PMs here on Nexus at the point that I consider them friends. In other words, I agree with that statement. I've never seen a community like the one here at the Nexus. It's great! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Oh, and I win.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif To do list.

Wash the dishes.

Wash the cloths.

Wash me and my toe's.

Wash the linoleum floor.

Wash windows.

Wash the old naval ship bullet proof gray door's.

Ship shape and now on to the white house with my painting clothes.

Wash the wall's,

Hang the Visqueene.

stir the paint.

In colors that will help me dream.

Brush and roll the pain on nice.

Let it dry while I think twice.

Look upon the list remaining.

Do I know all of the chores,

Or will I need some training?

Nope everything here now is under my belt.

All I have to do is check the tomato plant's,

check the mint plants,

check their water and make sure they are fed.

Now that I am thinking of things that need be done

I probably will disappear until than so I will say one last time before I go, I have won.

I awoke from my deep sleep that i recently had and to thinking it was 10AM in the morning when in fact it was only 2am. i realized i fell asleep early out cold for a good 6hours from 9pm this evening. So i win for knowing i probably will have lots of trouble getting back to sleep http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/turned.gif

Went to the dentist yesterday and have got to have a tooth out. It has an infection that, at that time, seemed to be showing on the x-rays and the tooth was slightly tender, but I could ignore it.

I started antibiotics yesterday to try to negate the infection and make it easier when the tooth is surgically removed. I woke in the middle of the night with my face all swollen up and my gum and tooth throbbing like crazy. Now is that psychosomatic or just the antibiotics getting to work.

My face is throbbing like crazy and I feel hot and dizzy. No fair :(

Well I have nothin else to say I guess. Sorry for such a long post I just like to write sometimes. Its nice to see words when you push keys. And... I don't know... Its nice to just talk to all of you I guess. I mean, there are a lot of people who you see on the internet and never really seem like they are people outside of the game. And everyone here (at least in this topic) is just... Real. Everyone talks about whatever and whats going on in their lives and its kind of refreshing I guess.

It's nice talking to so many different people isn't it? :biggrin:

I would most go crazy without the internet. I'd have nobody to talk to otherwise.

And I was in a similar situation as you are right now.

Not too long ago I had this boyfriend. He was really nice, cared for other people (that's how I met him, he did something nice for me) etc. Well, after some time with him, it turned out that he was quite the *censored* (B word, damn you auto-censor). (Sometimes hateful, intolerant, manipulating etc) Time spent with him was stressful and time spent without him was anxious because I thought about 'what if's' and things like that.

We broke it up and stayed just friends, because we function the best that way. I no longer feel stress or anxiety now, he was down but I think it's ok now.

So what I want to say, if something really bothers you about someone then don't let it get to you. I know it is hard to get distant, hell I had to wait for him to break it up cause I just couldn't do it, breaking someone's heart would break my own a lot more. If it's really just annoying to look at, then try to get over it. If there's more to it, like in my situation, then get more distant, talk less, don't be extra kind to them. It may be difficult but do it, look up for advice on the internet if you have to. Your sanity will thank you.

Also, you have this car? http://www.classiccar.com/images/carpict/00002677/Red-Plymouth-Duster-1973-2677norm.jpg

It is beautiful. Fix it up! I'd love to have such a beauty, but we don't have such pretties over here. Ok, first I should get my drivers license before talking about cars :biggrin:

@naomis

Hope you'll get better soon. *hugs*

Can't give any advice since I don't have any experience with teeth and infections.

Edited by Iv000

@noamis

My mother had a similar problem, the dentist completely messed up and she ended up in agonizing pain because of an exposed jaw...well, hope it gets better :D

I win I win I win I win I win I win I win I win

Edited by AnotherAverageName

The Duster was one of the last good muscle cars the Americans made during the 1970s, that they managed to do it post 1971 is nothing short of remarkable: in 1971 the Muskie act turned muscle cars from high performance monsters into obese, slobbish lumps of useless iron. The Duster was probably one of the last truly fast/effective cars produced in American tradition before the era ended circa 1973.

During the late 60s and early '70s the American auto makers producesd a run a "muscle cars" cheap compacts with massive engines that were huge on power and short on brakes; with engines rivaling a large truck for size, their environmental impact was atrocious and in 1971, the Muskie Act was introduced to combat this. Unfortunately for the American auto industry, this made the sort of huge, simplistic V-8 Muscle cars relied on very ineffective, spelling the end of the era almost instantly. The following oil crisis killed off the entire breed-it's taken until the late noughties for the Muscle Car to again return to production, as only the Corvette stayed true to it's past all these years, and it's not a true muscle car.

The specific problem the Muskie Act posed was that the engines before it were very crude-hugely powerful, but very crude. They relied on shovelling as much fuel as possible into an engine and burning it, without any heed to emissions or econsumption, and relied on sheer size to generate power. With the Muskie Act reducing the power that could be derived from current fuels, and restrictions on emissions and various other factors, the ultra-simple "big block" V8 suddenly became impotent, as it could no longer produce enough power to make up for it's collosal weight. All the while, Japanese and European cars that had long made use of compact four/six cylender engines suffered far less restriction, and their strengths of light weight and high tech proved ideal for this new era.

Muscle cars tended to weigh in excess of 2 tons, while their Euro/Japan rivals could be as light as 850 kilos(0.8 tons) and by the late '70s had comparable power from their high tech four and six cylender engines to a large post-muskie V-8. By the end of the 1970s, the muscle car simply no longer existed-there were performance-slanted American cars with V-8 engines, but their performance was so limited by their weight and low power, that they could not hope to compete with their newer, more nimble rivals.

During the 1980s, this was further compounded by a sudden revolution in japanese and subsequently european car design; the use of a Turbocharger to draw massive power from a tiny engine. With a four cyelnder suddenly being able to produce 260 BHP compared to a Pontiac V8's 190, for aproximately a third the Pontiac engine's weight, there was no coming back, and what few american V-8 coupes and muscle cars either went out of production forever, or changed into something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%2771_Plymouth_Barracuda_(Les_chauds_vendredis_%2711).JPG

A Plymouth Barracuda, one of the last great Muscle Cars of the early era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KDR30_Skyline_coupe_1983_facelift.jpg

Both lighter, more powerful, and often cheaper, post-muskie Muscle cars had no chance against Japanese imports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2010_Ford_Mustang_GT500--DC.jpg

In the last 2-3 years the three remaining US auto brands have all launched new muscle cars, with the Mustang and Camaro SS all having now resumed production, and the Barracuda MKII is due in 2014

Edited by Vindekarr