The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I gave Assassin's Creed 3 a burl this morning before work, it almost made my want to run over my own foot so I could stay and keep going. Beautiful game, really, really amazingly well acted, it feels like playing a movie, looking forward to getting further into it.

Still have to wait for 20 days before I can get it.

And good morning, hope everybody is doing good. I overslept today, no idea why I usually wake up at 7am...now it's 10 >.>

I don't mind. I'm only in the early part of it, and honestly after the first two I consider morbidly bad endings to be a franchise hallmark, but from what I've seen so far, it might just be the most cinematic game I've played since Red Dead Redemption.

Looking forward to it coming out on PC. Should be released at the end of this month. My sons are raving about it so it will be interesting.

Looking forward to it coming out on PC. Should be released at the end of this month. My sons are raving about it so it will be interesting.

It's a really interesting game. Playing as a Native American alone gives it a certain uniqueness, and the acting is exceptional. The plot itself is a little unusual, though better explained than other games. The one true problem with it is a slightly confused dual-nature to the game; it's grown out of an action combat game, but has tried to be extremely story based. It does succeed well at telling a gripping story and characters are extremely well reliased, but the game itself becomes a somewhat dual-natured experience split roughly 50/50 between the story and cutscenes, and running around shooting Redcoats in the face.

The game I'm really looking forward to next is Halo 4. I know a lot of people look to shooting games like Halo and think "Ha! that's a game about shooting aliens in the face" But if you listen to what 343 have been saying, their priority seems to be more on the story and universe, than the action, and that was always what i played Halo for-it's one of the few shooters in which you can play for the story and stay for the gunfights, rather than vice versa. And it's Halo, I've been playing it since I was 12, I love it-it's a beautifully fleshed out universe, and it only seems to have gotten better since the franchise changed developers.

If you are fancying a game about shooting aliens, and infact all sorts of things in the face, I can also really recomend Borderlands 2 assuming you can get it cheaply. That game is so funny your lungs will hurt.