The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Someone once told me I'd never be able to get a solid job and that I'd spend my entire life on welfare. That person's salary is one-third of what I now earn.

There are people in the world who for whatever reason feel they have a right to set themselves aside from and above their fellow men. But there are also people who are truly inspirational. As a child I passionately hated school, most of the teachers were troglodytes who wanted good, well mannered, white students who studied the bible and never talked back. They didn't feel any compunction to make space for kids who couldn't walk right, or needed medication, and myself and several other students grew up being ruthlessly bullied by various school staff. Yet as bad as it was, in hindsight, there were people there who I've come to see as heroes.

The arts teacher for example, was an absolute hero. She was a hippy, not the stereotypical bad smelling acid tripping moron with no shirt, but the real kind. She was great, patient, kind, she never yelled at you, she never got angry, and she never punished kids even when they really misbehaved, but that rarely happened. What made her so good was that she really took the time to get each and every one of them on-side, to motivate them, and I for learned a LOT, I came out being able to draw pretty well, and still sketch to this day.

The trick with life is to identify the bad ones, and learn how to deal with them, and to try to recognize the really amazing people before it's too late to develop a friendship with them. And also to not let things get you down. Yes, it's difficult to deal with being gay, some people hate gay people for whatever reason, but for every hater there's someone else, who is willing to accept the fact of you and view you as just another member of society. Speaking for myself I may not share the sexual orientation, but Im willing to fight tooth and nail for gay rights, me and many, many others.

Well Said.

There are people in the world who for whatever reason feel they have a right to set themselves aside from and above their fellow men. But there are also people who are truly inspirational. As a child I passionately hated school, most of the teachers were troglodytes who wanted good, well mannered, white students who studied the bible and never talked back. They didn't feel any compunction to make space for kids who couldn't walk right, or needed medication, and myself and several other students grew up being ruthlessly bullied by various school staff. Yet as bad as it was, in hindsight, there were people there who I've come to see as heroes.

The arts teacher for example, was an absolute hero. She was a hippy, not the stereotypical bad smelling acid tripping moron with no shirt, but the real kind. She was great, patient, kind, she never yelled at you, she never got angry, and she never punished kids even when they really misbehaved, but that rarely happened. What made her so good was that she really took the time to get each and every one of them on-side, to motivate them, and I for learned a LOT, I came out being able to draw pretty well, and still sketch to this day.

The trick with life is to identify the bad ones, and learn how to deal with them, and to try to recognize the really amazing people before it's too late to develop a friendship with them. And also to not let things get you down. Yes, it's difficult to deal with being gay, some people hate gay people for whatever reason, but for every hater there's someone else, who is willing to accept the fact of you and view you as just another member of society. Speaking for myself I may not share the sexual orientation, but Im willing to fight tooth and nail for gay rights, me and many, many others.

First paragraph reminds me of me.

And yeah I know what you mean by heroes, I met one recently.

He's my photography teacher. I always knew he was an awesome teacher, but I didn't know how good hearted he actually was. He noticed a fall in my grades and asked me to come talk to him twice. He asked me what's wrong, and if he can help and stuff. And he said that if I have personal problems outside of school that I should focus on those and ignore school for a bit, that education is just a tiny part of my life and that my mental well being is far more important than that. Well he gave me his email and said if I want to talk that I can always email him, and so I did and explain him everything, literally a short autobiography.

His reaction surprised me.

He showed huge empathy towards me and my problems, took them very seriously and wrote so much that it would fit on 2 pages of a Word document. Then he offered me a private talk face to face in school, that was last thursday. I have to say I cried, someone who absolutely has nothing to do with me showed me more empathy than all of my classmates who I know for 3 years combined. We talked for 1.5 hours and he gave me advice, we shared personal stories, he tried to motivate me etc. He even didnt care that I didn't finish any of my homework for the whole year, and told me to finish it whenever I have time. Then he offered me to talk more whenever he has the time.

I'll always remember him for offering me so much help.

And in reply to the last part.

I'm really trying to cope with hate and develop, like my teacher said, a mental shield and my "happy place". Just things havent been going well lately and its hard to copy with everything at once. I'm trying Cognitive Behavior Therapy at home and am hoping to see some positive results.

Someone once told me I'd never be able to get a solid job and that I'd spend my entire life on welfare. That person's salary is one-third of what I now earn.

Lol, I heard a lot of stories like that.

I'm not doing well in school and people told me things like that very often. Especially my physics teacher last year, infront of the whole class he insulted me and told me I'll be nothing. It was the last day of school, and the last class of physics we will ever have, and he spent it to insult me and demotivate me.

It's kind of nagging on me, but I'm hoping that really it wont come to that. I'm trying hard to do productive things at home as much as I can and develop myself, and I'm trying to focus on what I'm good at.

Thank you for the replies Vin, I appreciate them a lot. Makes you a hero in my eyes too, don't you think :)

First paragraph reminds me of me.

And yeah I know what you mean by heroes, I met one recently.

He's my photography teacher. I always knew he was an awesome teacher, but I didn't know how good hearted he actually was. He noticed a fall in my grades and asked me to come talk to him twice. He asked me what's wrong, and if he can help and stuff. And he said that if I have personal problems outside of school that I should focus on those and ignore school for a bit, that education is just a tiny part of my life and that my mental well being is far more important than that. Well he gave me his email and said if I want to talk that I can always email him, and so I did and explain him everything, literally a short autobiography.

His reaction surprised me.

He showed huge empathy towards me and my problems, took them very seriously and wrote so much that it would fit on 2 pages of a Word document. Then he offered me a private talk face to face in school, that was last thursday. I have to say I cried, someone who absolutely has nothing to do with me showed me more empathy than all of my classmates who I know for 3 years combined. We talked for 1.5 hours and he gave me advice, we shared personal stories, he tried to motivate me etc. He even didnt care that I didn't finish any of my homework for the whole year, and told me to finish it whenever I have time. Then he offered me to talk more whenever he has the time.

I'll always remember him for offering me so much help.

And in reply to the last part.

I'm really trying to cope with hate and develop, like my teacher said, a mental shield and my "happy place". Just things havent been going well lately and its hard to copy with everything at once. I'm trying Cognitive Behavior Therapy at home and am hoping to see some positive results.

>Someone once told me I'd never be able to get a solid job and that I'd spend my entire life on welfare. That person's salary is one-third of what I now earn.

Lol, I heard a lot of stories like that.

I'm not doing well in school and people told me things like that very often. Especially my physics teacher last year, infront of the whole class he insulted me and told me I'll be nothing. It was the last day of school, and the last class of physics we will ever have, and he spent it to insult me and demotivate me.

It's kind of nagging on me, but I'm hoping that really it wont come to that. I'm trying hard to do productive things at home as much as I can and develop myself, and I'm trying to focus on what I'm good at.

Thank you for the replies Vin, I appreciate them a lot. Makes you a hero in my eyes too, don't you think :smile:

Who knew that a gaming website would be so understanding and helpful.

The Nexus is a special place.

I met people on here that changed my life and are part of my daily life.

A guy (MalachiDelacot) met his fiance on the nexus and they moved in together IRL and are very happy together. I met someone similar to that too :)

Anyways, yes the Nexus is amazing and I thank Robin for creating it.

A guy (MalachiDelacot) met his fiance on the nexus and they moved in together IRL and are very happy together. I met someone similar to that too :smile:

Wow, that's really cool! The Nexus is amazing! :D

A guy (MalachiDelacot) met his fiance on the nexus and they moved in together IRL and are very happy together. I met someone similar to that too :smile:

Wow, that's really cool! The Nexus is amazing! :biggrin:

Indeed billyro, indeed.