The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I played the first Halo waaaay back.

And then after that i couldnt play the later ones because Halo 2 required Vista and I was still on XP. And right now I cant be arsed to even look at the series since it went console exclusive.

And good morning.

It's doing great Ivooo, it's evolved well as a franchise, the main changes being a progressively heavy emphasis on headshots and fire control, the addition of recoil, and a bunch of new guns(DMR, Battle Rifle, RailGun, Laser Cannon, Machine Gun,) and complete replacement of other Halo 1 guns with much younger models(The Pistol, Rifle, Missile Launcher) or completely different weapons within the same overall type such as the shotgun, which was replaced with a whole new model for Halo 4 with completely different specs(a lot faster firing, much quicker reloads a bit better accuracy, much more compact, boxier shape but a smaller mag)

Other than that, the story has progressed nicely, Halo 2 expanded out with a second Halo ring and the Flood getting loose and spreading across the galaxy, in Halo 3 the Flood were wiped out along with the covernent's leadership, and in Halo 4, the covernent are more of an extremist faction, while the Forerunners are the new antagonists(And bringing with them like, 10 new gun types, some pretty unusual) The story has evolved well, but Halo 4 was the biggest step forward overall, with 343 taking over from Bungie, and adding a somewhat slower pace, turning the game away from it's brush with Twitch-Shooting, and adding a somewhat more human side to Master Chief. It was an amazing game, the graphics bugger belief given the age and inferiority of the Xbox 360, the story was good, and the second campaign was ridiculously huge(20+ hours)

And Alias, frankly, I have no idea mate. Halo 4 looks AMAZING, it's one of the few console games that can duke it out with PC titles, but it loads an entire level in about 12 seconds, and doesn't show even a hint of lag, even in the most enormous of maps(like the new Forge Island, which I'd guess is roughly a kilometre cubed) I just don't get it, it looks sooo good, but runs sooo good, on such rubbish hardware. I mean, I love it, but the Xbox 360 is a toaster by today's standards, and yet Halo 4 is on Crysis 3(PC)'s level.

And don't even get me started on how pretty the cutscenes are; it was a little controversial for me for them to get rid of the in-engine cutscenes, but holy religious icons batman, they look AMAZING. PC grade for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNCIO4e8gT4

Put this on HD before you watch it, it should give you a vague idea of just how fine the game looks. Sure, it'd be a bit above average for a PC shooter, but considering this is running on a nearly decade old console that was underpowered to begin with, it's a helluva thing.

That cutscene was beautiful.

And it really does sound like the series evolved well. I loved to play just the demo version of Combat Evolved, and then the final game too.

Maybe I'll get the second one sometime for PC, but I can't get 3 or ODST or 4 then.

...I can't even find where to get 2 ._. not even Microsoft's own store sells it. Amazon sells copies that have invalid product keys.

Basically, no legal way to get it. I guess it's just Microsoft being Micro$oft.

Oh well, back to Guild Wars 2.

That's the sad thing, the only copies around are ancient and no longer available, and Halo 2 was by far the worst of all the Halos(shortest, rather overly action based, rudimentry story, removed the assault rifle in order to add the abysmal, useless SMG). For me, the must-play Halos are Reach(prequel to Halo CE) and Halo 3/4. 4 is by far the series' crown jewel, it's the best written, and the biggest. It's got a singleplayer campaign of average length, it's got a multiplayer as per usual, and it's then got this insane "Spartan Ops" mode which is essentialy a second campaign designed for co-op which you can get matchmaking in, but it's just crazy big; the Spops campaign is immense, roughly 20 hours long. It takes hours just to do ONE chapter, and there's ten of the buggers to chew through. The biggest change with Reach and Halo 4 though, is that the Chief isn't alone.

In Reach, it's a Prequel to the days before the Fall Of Reach, a battle in which the Covenent all but wiped out the UNSC military(and all the surviving spartans along with it aside from the Chief), with Reach being Halo's equivalent to Thermopylae(in which the 300 Spartans under Leonidas held for days but eventually died to a vastly larger Persian army) and in Halo 4, which is set a fair few years after the end of the war with the covenent, there's a second generation of Spartans, meaning the Chief is frequently working with other big, bad Mjalnar wearing supersoldiers, albeit their armour is black with a blue helmet lens.