The last poster wins

TheCalliton

So, I just got my tooth removed, "lijeva šestica" which I think is the first left molar in english. I was even stupid enough not to take the local anesthetic so it was rather painful, thank god I have an incredibly high pain threshold. Once that was done, my dentist told me I must not eat anything for 2 hours and that I shouldn't eat hot food for at least a week.

But my girlfriend is making lasagna for lunch, that's my favorite food and she makes them really, really, really good. And I can't eat it because of this stupid tooth I got removed. All I can do is inhale that wonderful smell and drool.

I didn't even make a sound during the tooth extraction but now that I know I can't eat that lasagna, I want to drop to the floor and cry. :(

I've been trying to win the hardest race in any racing game ever made that I'm aware of; the Nurburgring 24 hour in Gran Turismo 5, a punishingly hard race on the world's most challenging race track in the game's fastest and hardest to drive cars. Right now I'm saved and paused at 12 hours in, with a two lap lead a car that over 2000 kilometres at race speed, is still running like new, and only has a tiny scuff on the driver's door to show for the wear.

The difficulty isn't so much the race itself, but rather doing over 150 smooth, crash-free laps around what is without a doubt the world's hardest and most dangerous circuit, Nurburgring. Nurburgring was built in the 1920s and is still largely unchanged; the difficulty comes from several factors; at 26 kilometres(29, roughly, for the 24hour variant) it's almost impossible for most people to fully memorise the layout, while it's constant bumps and poor road surface make it slippery. The biggest terror is when darkness falls however; being only two lanes wide at widest, and with a solid steel wall a few feet from the track edge, and yet one of the fastest tracks in the world, a single mistake will write-off your car, when the sun goes down however, Nurburgring becomes genuinely frightening; there are no lights, and the dense forest means that all you can see is a narrow ribbon of tarmac, undulating and snaking madly along the natural ridgeline, splitting an all too narrow black Spruce forest. It's an oddly surreal experience to drive, even in the game.

A youtube video, the game may be different, but it gives you an idea of how surreal and nightmarish Nurburgring can be at midnight

Edited by Vindekarr

@Vindekarr

If you can drive Nürburgring at night, you can drive Landstraße in Germany nearly at any night. It really gets additional scary and surreal, if it rains. :ohdear: