The last poster wins

TheCalliton

You can buy it premix, just make sure you use a really nice cream-cheese.

As for the acid, I know it sounds CRAZY, but it's more common than you think. It's a really convenient way to clean up car bodies, and when you're restoring any kind of car you do need to strip it down to it's bare skeleton to make sure there are no nasty surprises like rust or hornets.

I had never heard of a Nissan Skyline and had to look it up on google. The reason I never heard of it, is that it cannot be imported and sold in the US. I sounds like an awesome auto. Good luck on your restoration.

I do some times have to remind myself that what's a classic in Australia is very different to what's a classic in America. Our car industry only dates back to 1953, and a lot of classic American brands were never able to gain a foot hold. Chevy, Ford, Plymouth, Dodge, Studebaker and Chrysler all tried in some way or other; only Ford worked out the real trick, which was to make cars that were unique to Australia, and to build them locally. It wasn't a rejection of imports that hurt them either, it was the conditions themselves; Australian roads of the day were awful-mostly dirt, and the vicious climate didn't help either; Mustangs and Camaros got massacred because they just weren't able to survive the harsh conditions.

In the absence of those, we made our own generation of muscle cars, and without a large enough population to cause severe smog, there was no environmental panic either-our muscle car golden-era lasted unabated through the '70s and into the mid 1980s, during which time Australian racing was contended between essentially showroom-standard cars. The Skyline is one of the most loved... and hated cars of that era, and without doubt the most successful.

It arrived in Australia circa 1985, and when I was a kid('90s) the Skyline was literally invincible as a racing car. With a powerful twin-turbo engine, cutting-edge chassis and electronics, and four-wheel-drive/steering it was simply decades beyond anything we made. Backed up by some of the best racing drivers Australia ever produced, it was dominant like no other car I've ever seen. So dominant in fact that it signed it's own pink-slip. In 1995, the Skyline-and Nissan-were both banned outright from competition in Australia. It was a desperate move, but the Skyline's tendency to win every race it entered(I'm not exaggerating either, it had a win-rate of over 70%) had destroyed the championship-the fans had lost interest, and most other brands had quit-it was this banning as much as the domination that made "Godzilla" probably the most renowned race car in Australia.

In the aftermath CAMs restricted our racing series to only allow Australian cars. But as fate would have it, our car industry had all but died out by 2010. In 2011 a desperate CAMs asked Nissan to forgive them, and allowed them to re-enter the series-though on the condition that they DONT race a Skyline/anything derived from a Skyline. Nissan obliged, creating a terrifying frankenstein called the Altima VSC-a NIssan Altima with a 677 horsepower NASCAR spec V-8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nissan_GT-R_PROTO.jpg

They DO sell it in America, but it's called a GT-R in the US, for whatever reason.

Edited by Vindekarr