The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Getting into rows about stupid crap - I do (or don't do) something and it escalates into an argument no matter what, and it's happening too often lately.

Sorry to hear that man, I know how bad it can be, and how bad it can feel.

And if I may give you a suggestion, you may try paying more attention to her, I say this from experience. To clarify:

Mine used to argue with me all the time, small arguments but enough for me to grind my teeth for a while after that. And then I went on a vacation, not once did she try to start an argument, not one single yap was given during those two week. Started working again, we argue. Then, after some thinking, I figured out that she argues with me to draw my attention to her (which explains why she wasn't yapping while I was with her for 2 weeks). So instead of getting a beer with friends I'd stay at home with her and we stopped arguing.

By staying with her, I mean talking with her and more importantly, listening to her (I can see you rolling your eyes, don't do that). Women like to talk with everyone and talk a lot, for some reason unknown to me, so talk to her. It might just be that she feels you're not paying enough attention to her, for me it usually is.

If that's not the cause, then I'm afraid you'd have to stop doing (or start doing) whatever you do (or don't do), not sure if this sentence makes any sense what so ever so you're free to ignore it.

@Werne... you have the added "hormonal" changes your lady wife is going through due to pregnancy. Oh boy are you in for a learning curve there.

That is a fairy tail invented by the condom industry to earn more money on sales due to fear of raging pregnant women. :mellow:

And yes, I have a feeling this is gonna be a bumpy ride. Bumpy, as in like driving a car with wooden triangles instead of wheels. But I lived through worse, I can take it. :armscrossed:

One of my daughter's has just found out she is expecting. She went to her twins house last evening for dinner... sat on her sister's bed which went "Crunch", she promptly burst into tears thinking she'd broken it. She hadn't realised it wasn't the new one, and it took her sister over 30 minutes to calm her down and console her. Rae called me this morning to tell me about it. Nic told me about it this afternoon. Luckily they both found it highly amusing and reminisced about the time when Rae was pregnant and the roles were reversed lol :smile:

Oh, I actually had a situation like that once, it was hilarious. My aunt came over to my house, after being pregnant for 4 and a half months, and she sat into one of those cheap plastic chairs you can find in crappy bars and coffee shops. She was always a bit... large, she had 120kg before she got pregnant, got another 20 during pregnancy. So the chair was at it's limit, and she started adjusting in it.

Needles to say, the chair ended up with it's legs pointing to all four sides of the world, poor thing. And her face was priceless, I think she was so confused she couldn't remember her name. ;D

I started laughing immediately, I barely managed to help her get up from laughter, and she was crying cause she broke my chair. She'd usually laugh or joke about that but she started crying like she broke a Faberge egg and not a plastic piece of crap.

Now the problem was, my laughing was making her cry more, which in turn made me remember what happened to the chair so I laughed even more. Luckily she calmed down in about 10 minutes, I was still laughing like mad, I still laugh when I remember the look on her face.

It gets easier, then it spikes again nearer the due date.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll make sure to prepare for that (though I have a feeling I can't prepare for it, but I can try). Edited by Werne

...important stuff like putting out the trash, remembering the toilet seat etc etc...

Whoah, whoah, whoah, when did that become important? I can't use the toiled when the seat is down (and I use it more often), so why can't the seat be up?

And it's not exactly hard to just move it...

Luckily for me, pretty much everyone I've met hasn't had issue with the toilet seat. I mean, it's just a toilet seat. It takes literally 2 seconds to adjust it.

Reading the thread I am so glad I never got married. Friends is a much better way to go. I just love those family stickers on the back windows of cars/SUVs showing Daddy and Mommy and sister and brother and maybe the doggy and kitty cat. My Jeep has me, my two dogs and piles of money.

Wondering if LeBron plays for Google. Score seems to be Google 11, Bing 2. Maybe its Bonds or Messi perhaps.