The last poster wins

TheCalliton

GOOOO!!! for it, best to get two if you have the Money :thumbsup:

Installing the witcher 2 collectors edition for the second time sense i bought it, not steam. its on its own.

hOOLLLYY SMOOOLLLY THE COLLECTORS EDITION HAS A HUGE DOWNLOAD UPDATE OF 11GB :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ittsss masssiivveee!!!!!!!!

12 hours to update Witcher 2 collectors edition, its unreal. And its not tied to steam. i think its kind of drm free, not sure though...

30gb after completion, it must have some additional content hat the steam version doesn't have i bet. :biggrin:

Edited by Thor.

I still have to beat The Witcher 2. But when I tried to download the 10gb of patches or however much it is, something went wrong and a lot of options on the main menu was missing. The only part of the game I could load was the arena, and the screen was black besides the HUD. :blink:

Edited by K00L

It comes with a nice pocket guide the witcher two, pictures and maps included. Including a full poster map of the game world.

The whole boook is a giant spoiler :blink:

game guide 'ljl'jkl;k'k';l'lkl;'

Edited by Thor.

I'm just replaying Witcher 2 and have the Enhanced Edition. I love CDProjeckt they give you the upgrade for free and like you say its a full 11Gb in size and is amazing in what it gives you. Always watch through to the end of the credits as the spoilers are amazing also :)

Oh by the way, good morning.

After extensive comparo'ing I've decided I'm definitely going with twinned 79 series Radeons. While doing my research something quickly became clear; if you want to save money, then don't buy 3D. An example is a BenQ monitor that cost AU $499 with 3D compatibility, while a LITERALLY IDENTICAL BenQ with all the same resolution/special features/refresh rate/response time/size, and the only difference being no 3D support, costs AU $190. It's the same thing with graphics cards, a 79?? series Radeon is about 30% cheaper on average, compared to an Nvidia with similar performance. A 3GB Radeon costs a fair and reasonable AU $200, $250 with triple-fans and Crossfire. Meanwhile the cheapest 3GB Nvidia weighs in at a bank-busting AU $799, going up to AU $1130 with SLI support.

You could Crossfire two Radeons, overclock the bejesus out of them-AND still afford a water cooling setup to prevent them exploding, all for the price of a single comparatively performing Nvidia. What price, 3D gaming...? Speaking of watercooling, I was having a something of a, water-cooler conversation(a-hehe) with a work colleague recently, cooling's always been a problem in hot, arid Australia and with a gaming population percentage of over 50%, it's unsurprising that cooling tech for gamers is big business. I was looking at some pricing this morning, a full top-of-the-line Corsair water-cooling kit, pre-filled and including installation, only costs $80 in Australia. I nearly jumped out of my chair.

The other big thing here is specially designed coolants to replace water in water-cooled rigs. They're essentially quite similar to the coolant you find in a car engine, and apparently can save almost ten degree celcius in CPU temp if you're really wanting to push hard. The other advantage is that they're de-ionised-you can literally submerge your PC in them and 'cause they're non-conductive it won't hurt a thing. Cost is the only issue, with a bottle costing $30-80 I think I'll be investing in water cooling come summer, I've always had trouble keeping my machines cool in the 40+ celcius Melbourne heat.

Oh, and good morning Naomis, even if it is a freezing cold somewhat overcast evening here.

Edited by Vindekarr

Heh, I beat The Witcher 2 a few weeks ago actually. It's a great game aside from its many problems.

Yeah, those cities down south get the wrath of the sun. Perth would have to be like Melbourne I guess, stinking hot during the summer and cold as frozen peas in the winter. But I like that weather better than the humidity.

Edited by billyro

Shogun 2 is 30Gb by default.

I've been downloading it for days now, it's on 80%. It should be done by the end of today :P

And good morning everybody! A wonderful day to just stay inside in undies because of hotness.

20gb pre installed before updates, on my ssd i am very curious how fast she will load

I don't know about you guys but ssd on a amd machine flies like you wouldn't believe.

i benched it around 450mb write, 530 read.

originally advertised 400mb write 500mb read.

Edited by Thor.