The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Nice day today, although I am disappointed that my recent mauling hasn't left me with a set of badass scars. I also went and picked up the Impreza-best car I've ever owned without a doubt, it just feels so solid, like it's made of granite or something. My GF made an obligatory comment about new car smell, I told her that new car smell was a mixture of fabric, plastic, numerous epoxies, benzine and the after-tang of welding-she looked at me like I had just explains why the Easter Bunny doesn't exist. What is it about people and new car smell? all they're smelling is the aftereffects of the manufacturing process...

Speaking of which, the Skyline's mostly done now. Got the dashboard gauges fitted, steering wheel and pedals in, gear lever in, all the wiring is done. Probably finish it on Tuesday, it just needs seats, doors, bumpers-and of course, wheels. And then that's it! project done!

Awesome. Physx was the only thing that could have seen me go Nvidia with my next GPU. If you run it CPU side, is it just AMD compatible? I'm running a 4.0 GHZ Intel quad, curious if that's going to be capable of faking physx. No, AMD/ATI have really impressed me lately. I don't know about Canada, but you can get ATI cards in Australia which have more power than Nvidias twice their price. a 3GB absolutely top-spec Radeon only costs about $250, while an Nvidia with the same specs(albeit with Physx and 3D Vision) will set you back $1100+

Check out the Physx thread in Pc gaming

runs pretty smooth on medium settings in Borderlands 2, anything higher kind of gets choppy. Very smooth though

Edited by Thor.

Speaking of Nvidia, I've seen an overclocked Titan quad-SLI today, a friend of mine got them a few days ago and assembled the PC yesterday, I can't even imagine the performance of those.http://www.deltava.org/img/cooler/emoticons/drool.gif

Skyrim CTD'ed tonight. It made me rather cross, first one I've had since November last year. I mostly use texture/content mods, I like to spec my Skyrim for beastly graphics, lore-friendly dungeon crawling, and because that means very few SKSE mods, it's astonishingly stable.. Anyway it turned out to be an absolutely HORRIBLE scripting issue that was all tangled up like a ball of string. Well, it turned out it was a clothing mod, causing an issue with Dawnguard, that was making WarZone unstable, causing the game to crash whenever an obscure sub-module SKSE script in A.C.E. activated, which only triggered upon me scoring a sneak attack with one particular bow/arrow combo on one specific type of bandit in one particular cell of a dungeon. Hardly believable.

Edited by Vindekarr

That's why I don't use major overhaul mods or mods that fiddle with too many of the main game mechanics.

My game didn't crash in years. I think it only crashed once or twice overall since 11.11.2011.

I mostly use graphics enhancing mods, like flora overhaul and mesh improvement, weather overhaul, water, a few realism mods like frostfall and wet and cold etc.

No crashes or any bugs and everything works fine with all the DLC's too.

I'm actually satisfied with how very much more stable Skyrim is compared to the previous games.