The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I have no idea what to do on my birthday this Saturday.

4 friends + me and idk where to go what to do. yet.

If anyone has ideas then feel free to post.

Go bungee jumping or sky diving. :smile:

You are on vacation, why not go Para-Sailing?

I don't plan on dying on my 18th birthday :tongue:

TIME FOR SCHOOL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Edited by Iv000

Yesterday was one of the worst days of our lives (as a family that is). We went to the funeral of my father-in-law, it was beautifully done and all but, we definitely were not wanted there. There was an invisible line drawn and we were not allowed across it.

One of my brother's-in-law was with us, which was lovely and to be honest he needed us. None of the other family members gave a toss about him and the pain he was in.

We were kept separate from the rest of the family from the start and even tried to stop my husband from carrying the casket into the chapel.

We then found out that they had lied about the day and time Dad died and the fact that Will could've been there in time to say goodbye to his father has knocked the wind out of him.

To say we are all devastated is an understatement. I had hoped that the loss of both Mum and Dad would've brought the family together. That any slight, real or imagined, could have been laid to rest and a new era arising from it. To say I doubt we will see any of them again is an understatement. To say that I wont regret never seeing any of them again is so true I could cry with frustration and, yes, loss. My brothers-in-law I will miss and will try to keep in touch with at least one of them, the other, well he'll have to try harder in my eyes.

I guess, as usual, I looked at the world through rose colored glasses, and, once again, it bit me on the ass.

Good morning Nexus and I hope all is well with you.

Tried making my own PC this afternoon, it brought back all sorts of fond childhood memories of playing with Mecano. My GF came home to find me sitting cross-legged on the middle of the floor surrounded by a small factory's worth of bits, two cases, and 11 instruction manuals. Great fun though, I was migrating my system over into a new case.

Cases are important in Melbourne because it can hit 40 degrees in summer and PCs don't like that any more than I do. I've used a Cooler Master HAF case for a while, and absolutely swear by it-the quality of build and materials are just extraordinary. The new case is a slightly newer model with a lot better cooling, and better still, a solution to the one HUGE problem with the HAF cases; the damn things weigh more than an overweight elephant seal. Thankfully this one replaces some of the strong but appallingly heavy stainless steel with aluminium and perspex. That's good, because my desk made a really scary creaking sound every time I put the old case on it, 21 kilograms is an ungodly amount for any PC.

Edited by Vindekarr

Cases are important in Melbourne because it can hit 40 degrees in summer and PCs don't like that any more than I do.

Hell, I got the same situation here, the temperatures are about the same (36oC), I have two fans for my CPU, one for PSU, two for graphics card, two for case flow and two for each of my 4 HDDs. That's 15 fans, 4 of which have busted bearings, inside a 20$ case that's about as sound-proof as if it's made from a few sheets of paper.

So when it starts up, first you hear the HDDs spinning up and after all the fans kick in, it starts roaring like a jet engine. :laugh:

Yesterday was one of the worst days of our lives (as a family that is). We went to the funeral of my father-in-law, it was beautifully done and all but, we definitely were not wanted there. There was an invisible line drawn and we were not allowed across it.

One of my brother's-in-law was with us, which was lovely and to be honest he needed us. None of the other family members gave a toss about him and the pain he was in.

We were kept separate from the rest of the family from the start and even tried to stop my husband from carrying the casket into the chapel.

We then found out that they had lied about the day and time Dad died and the fact that Will could've been there in time to say goodbye to his father has knocked the wind out of him.

To say we are all devastated is an understatement. I had hoped that the loss of both Mum and Dad would've brought the family together. That any slight, real or imagined, could have been laid to rest and a new era arising from it. To say I doubt we will see any of them again is an understatement. To say that I wont regret never seeing any of them again is so true I could cry with frustration and, yes, loss. My brothers-in-law I will miss and will try to keep in touch with at least one of them, the other, well he'll have to try harder in my eyes.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. :sad: I know how messed up that is too, my parents did the same to me when my grandfather died, one of the few members of my family that I respected and was close to. Felt messed up for weeks after that, I still do whenever I think about it.

Bloody hell, I hate them, and yet they want to make peace with me so they can see their grandchild. Like hell they will, I'll sooner kill them than allow them even near my kid, and that's something they can count on.

I guess, as usual, I looked at the world through rose colored glasses, and, once again, it bit me on the ass.

If you may recall one of my posts from last year, I told you that the world is not all black and white and that even your closest family can screw you over in the blink of an eye so you shouldn't trust just anyone, yet you argued against that. I was saying that from experience, and it would seem I was right, I'm just sorry you had to learn that the hard way. :sad:

Edited by Werne

I'm in for something of an adventure tomorrow, going to be looking after a Nissan GT-R. To most people that's a case of "meh, it's just a car like any other" but honestly, it is actually kind of intimidating for me. The GT-R is one of the last hand-made cars, and the men and women who make it personify the absolute pinnacle of my profession. It's one of those things that most people walk past every day and ignore.

I mean, look at it this way. On the front of the engine, the guy who made it carves his name into the metal. In english(it's made in Japan) Now, that's not a big deal right? Well, think about it though. Could you write your name, in a language you don't natively speak, in perfect cursive, on the first try into the surface of semi-molten aluminium that is constantly contracting as you work on it? I didn't think so, most master-fabricators couldn't. And that's not even a structural feature, that's just for a little flair.