The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Cats are beautiful but I never could get adjusted to them. My ex had one, and I honestly think it was what broke us up. With a dog or tarantula, they both use very clear body language to show their status. Dogs wag their tale. show facial expressions, and make sounds. Tarantulas make sounds and position their body. If you learn the signs, you'll never get bitten by either. Cats though, that cat used to scratch my face off whenever I touched it, pooped all over the house, and used to run around the bedroom at 4 in the morning. Maybe judging an entire species on the behavior of one is unfair, but cats strike me as being too mentally unstable and sociopathic to trust as pets.

http://www.australiancattledogrescue.com/dogimages/Ballarat_440387C.jpg

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/253297223/furry_people_australian_cattle_dog_bumper_sticker.jpg?color=White&height=460&width=460&qv=90

:laugh:

Also, that blue tarantula is pretty cool looking! :P I don't like most spiders, but jumping spiders and tarantulas are okay.

I'm in the same boat really. I used to be horribly arachnophobic but took steps to try and overcome the fear. For me, I'm mostly scared of things I have no knowledge of, so going to the zoo and learning about them, how to spot species, and so forth, has been very helpful. It's actually pretty easy to tell spiders apart once you know what you're looking for, especially in Australia where there's only a handful of species that aren't absolutely miniscule.

Tarantulas were the big surprise for me, no pun intended. I guess I'd always thought that big spiders would be meaner than little spiders, but if anything I've learned that the big ones are usually the harmless ones. Tarantulas themselves are totally harmless-some of them(including the one below) can grow to be bigger than your hand and live for over 25 years, but they're as gentle as can be. I had one on me at the zoo once, it tickles like crazy because of their claws, but they're as docile as can be.

http://www.appletonexotics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Mexican-RedKnee-300x268.jpg

They call this a Mexican Fire-Leg spider Easy to see why.

Edited by Vindekarr

That one is pretty cool too. He looks soft. :D

When I was in elementary school my... I don't know what she was. She was a teacher kind of, but she went to every classroom. She was in charge of A LOT of stuff, like lunch and helping kids with special needs and teaching certain things (like study skills for sixth/fifth graders) and other stuff. Anyway, her son (who was probably graduated, or he was in high school) had a tarantula that lived in the school. I don't really remember it much, but tarantulas have never really bothered me and I assume its because I got to see one a lot when I was younger.

I cannot say the same about other spiders. I do not like them... At all. I literally almost fell up a set of stairs once because a noticed a spider on the wall right beside me and I jumped. It wasn't even big, it was just the fact that it was a nasty one, and it was right by my face. Thinking about it, its kind of the thing that if anyone was around they would have died of laughter.
The ones that bother me the most are these weird hunchback looking ones that are all over our woods. They aren't very big, and are never inside (like the wolf spiders, which I am totally fine with if they are outside or not near me inside, and brown recluses and those even nastier house spiders). I can never find any pictures of them... And I don't really want to try looking because it makes me feel all creepy crawly. They are generally a grayish color and they have these mountain looking shapes on top. They're gross, and they are EVERYWHERE. Especially in places where I like to walk.
The worst part is walking into the web and knowing there was a spider, but not finding the spider anywhere. :sad:

Edit: Something about spiders being larger, and hairier makes them less creepy. The look rounded and soft, and have cute beady eyes. And then the smaller/average size ones are fast and smooth and long creepy legs and... blegh...

Edited by K00L

That bellybutton has no hair it's too flat and it's not manly enough.

0/10

Is this better?

<snip since people are sensitive to manliness>

Yes.

You can sleep on that, play with it, cuddle to it and stroke it.

Cute ^^

Also good morning all.

So, it's an election year in Australia, which means that for better and for worse, politicians of all stripes are now campaigning in the hope of gaining power. And inevitably some of them, really shouldn't be politicians at all, as an interview I just watched, proved in a very amusing way. The woman being interviewed was Stephanie Bannister, a name that may soon go viral. In the interview(on national TV) she makes a rambling, nonsensical rant, complete with some hilarious quotes first stating that people from the country of Islam should be refused entry to the country because their laws were "unacceptable" but that their country should be treated with respect. She then commented that "jews do actually have their own religion. She finished up by stating that the government should downgrade the budget, and claimed that a piece of draft policy for 2016 was "working just fine right now"

Sadly for those of us wondering what she was smoking, she tearfully announced the next day that due to "numerous death threats against her and her family" she was "leaving politics for good" after a lengthy, 42 hour long career.

"Jews do actually have their own religion, like, it's not like the haram at all, they actually worship jesus" "Although I respect the country of Islam their laws are not acceptable here" -former not-quite politician Stephanie "the drugs are really kicking in now" Bannister

Edited by Vindekarr