The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm beginning to wonder if you've all gone nuts since I've been out of action

So I discovered today that in Terraria there's a thing called the Blood Moon which happens once every nine days and when it does, it doubles the rate at which enemies appear and then doubles their health and damage and for good measure, they can bash down doors, too. I was just mooching along minding my own business, making a hat for one of my co-op buddies, we were all total noobs.

Then the sky turns red(Oblivion PTSD moment+flashbacks) "the blood moon rises" appears on screen, and I ask "what the "truck" is a bloodmoon?" Long story short, as the sun set there were four of us, we had swords, axes, armour, courage, hope, money, egos. When the sun rose bloody over the field of carnage, there were only two of us, one of whom had inexplicably lost the pants of his armour, I had accidentally lost my expensive gold broadsword and had hastily replaced it with a wooden one, and we were surrounded by what I honestly swear was atleast a hundred dead zombies.

I've played survival games before, but this was... special. We had no friggin' clue we were going to be fighting for our lives. Terraria is PERMADEATH, if you die, that character is DEAD. Permanently. The result was a far more realistic survival experience than any zombie game I've ever played. When you play Left 4 Dead, it's like going to a zombie theme-park. Sure, it'll be scary, but you're paying to be scared and you know there's going to be zombies everywhere. We didn't. We were used to fending off 1-3 zombies, not EIGHT AT A GODDAMN TIME. And the unscripted nature of it plus the high stakes made it one of the most emotionally involving sprees of online carnage I've ever been in. Not bad for a 2-D game.

Plus, one of the zombies, who took an ungodly amount of hits(I swear I hit him 100 times) dropped me a top hat, which I'm told is kinda rare.