The last poster wins

TheCalliton

It literal does work like a hologram, thing of scifi has become reality.

ย 

ย 

this is the next step

ย 

ย 

except for flying cars yet :dry:

Edited by Thor.

Yeah, it's great, isn't it? The car industry has a working hologram already, it replaces a conventional dashboard-the irony is it's actually cheaper than a normal dash panel. Basically it's a really simple really clever system using projection, optical illusion, and some floating numbers. So far Hyundai/Kia and Chevrolet are the only ones who've actually started making cars that have them, but that list is growing rapidly. The first car you'll actually be able to buy with it is the 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray, it'll have it as a standard feature.

ย 

http://hdwallpaperfresh.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2014-corvette-stingray-Image.jpg

ย 

Pic related; this is the 2014 Corvette; in addition to being blisteringly quick and stunningly beautiful it's got a holographic dashboard and TWO cup-holders.

Ya i heard of that, but this is a new form of hologram, and not stuck in a prism, 3 dimension creating the allusion of a hologram light scattered via crystals.

That 3d television is entirely different form then that optical illusion, It point and tracks the eye directly like 3d glasses would. Not stuck in a single boxed in location that simply wouldn't work in a commercial stand point.

ย 

i forgot mirrors.

ย 

http://www.optigone.com/3D_hologram.htm

ย 

that 3d television is a brake through beyond any light reflecting hologram, it actually emits a 3d image directly to the eye.

Edited by Thor.

"that 3d television is a brake through beyond any light reflecting hologram, it actually emits a 3d image directly to the eye."

ย 

Wow, that is a breakthrough then. Very impressive and probably a lot less... unpleasant than a long session with current 3DTV.

ย 

I saw someone do something really stupid on STEAM today. So this guy creates a forum thread complaining about how his PC can't run Torchlight 2 properly and demanding help getting a better framerate. Now, a few of us forumites quickly weighed in with helpful suggestions regarding graphics settings, patches, hardware workarounds, and general good, old-fashioned tech assistance. He however, apparently didn't like that, and sent me a PM in which he swore eleven times and threatened to "blow up" my PC if he ever saw me on STEAM again. That apparently wasn't enough either because he then went back to his thread, swore viciously at everyone who had dropped what they were doing to help him, and then launched into a five page, utterly profane rant against Runic Games, before threatening to DDOS Steam, anouncing he hoped everyone who played Torchlight got AIDs, and that he was going back to CoD.

ย 

Not much later he got permabanned from Steam. Now for the funny part, I had a look at his profile, nothing interesting just your stereotypical fat, self-entitled 20-something white American-until I reached the played games section. It turns out his idiot(who complained about not having any money) got himself locked out of, at minimuim, $2500 worth of games-well over a hundred titles. So unless he's lying about his financial situation, he just made a very expensive mistake.

Edited by Vindekarr

There's a display around at the moment which uses the same stereoscopic system to allow two viewers to use the same screen to do two different things. It's used by a British luxury vehicle company called Range-Rover, basically the screen, which is on the dashboard, displays car-related info to the driver, while the passenger sees a TV screen with DVD player. All through a very clever stereoscopic effect and a powerful on-board computer.