The last poster wins

TheCalliton

StarMade is pretty fun (try it, it's free for now). It's full of space and stars and asteroids and stuff. There's planets too, but every time I get close to a system, pirates decide they'd like to destroy everything of mine (be prepared to be pissed off if you don't read the tutorial/some guides and have no idea what to do and have absolutely no chance against them. It happened to me. Many times. To be honest, I'm still not sure I build good ships). I finally demolished two of them by sitting with a missile turret thing I made.
I hope the ship I'm building turns out at least half as awesome as some of the things people made. Some really cool original designs, and a lot of really good replicas.

This one makes me want to play KOTOR.
http://i.imgur.com/CKCJpl0.png

Edit: The building is much better than Minecraft. Not just because it's space and you get cool space ship pieces. The hull pieces come in blocks, wedges, and corners. The latter two can be rotated, AND flipped.

Edited by K00L

Ehh, I've seen better. And I thought the StarMade project had it's funding cut? If you want a proper space game, try X3: Albion Prelude. Now that is a space RPG. IMO it's one of the most underrated RPGs I've yet played, it's fully moddable and has a frankly incredible depth of consequence and content. The economy is brilliant enough: it's "pervasive" meaning instead of boring vendors, it's supply and demand, stocks of everything are limited, and you need to think about what you're doing. The degree to which you can build is equally amazing since you start with one ship, and can literally just claim an area of space and make it into your own personal empire, complete with fleets, stations and flags.

Like I said, heavily underrated. I guess that's what happens when console kiddies who can't even type properly, become gaming journalists. Heh, I was reading Destructoid recently and saw a very good game get rated 2/10. The reviewer spent five whole paragraphs raging about how he spent his entire time lost, claiming that not having a giant object arrow was "stupidest f***ing thing he'd ever seen"(the bloke clearly hadn't looked in the mirror lately) and that using an actual map and compass(because apparently these simple analogue devices are too complex for him) was a "retarded decision" The review's subsequently gone missing and my link 404s, but I do worry about the future of gaming. When those CoD kiddies grow up, just what horrors will they unleash? We're already starting to see that in newsprint.

Edited by Vindekarr

FOR SOME REASON I HAVE NO BETTER THING TO DO 10 MINUTES BEFORE SCHOOL RATHER THAN BROWSE THE WEB AND FIND PICTURES LIKE THIS TO CHEER ME UP

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr07/31/12/enhanced-buzz-15687-1383237120-31.jpg

IM STILL IN MY PJ'S AND SCHOOL BEGINS IN A FEW MINUTES.

WHAT.

AND WHY AM I POSTING STUFF HERE I SHOULD BE GOIGNAELGKJHBVANGJAKQEA

._.

I don't trust a game where the installer comes up as a virus, or could be a false positive. No thank you. I removed it pretty quick i'm telling you. you have to be careful sometimes.

Edited by Thor.

Anyone have friends that purposely strike u where u hurt most? A few people claimed i dont care about them, that i drain sanity and how thats why my ex left me, why he hates me.

Truth is.... I care for all my friends deeply. Being filled with emotions all the time: love, anger, loss, depression. Emotions are irrational and that is insane to the logical mind. Even though they hurt me, I still love them, even my enemies and my ex. For the first time in a long time, I...love who I am. I can finally forgive all those old grudges I had against my family.

I am James, I suffer from Autism/Aspergers, and I refuse to be told what or how I feel. I have been told today by a friend I trust deeply that I am full of love, and that is the source of my misery. He is right. I am full of love and I am miserable. I screwed up in the past, but... I wouldn't change it, for it has made me realize the importance of what I had, and what I have left.

I am sorry to those I have hurt on this road, be it of accident or design. I am sorry to those I have lied to and hurt deeply.

Sorry, I had to rant. Now....now I feel better.

Edited by inupup

I found out my speakers have impedance level of eight from my last guess, although they advertise them at 75watts a piece that is just bad marketing on there part, in reality they are 114watt a piece because 8 requires more power to drive the speakers alone.

i have a newer model the mc3160 which came up to nearly 700$, the impedance level of 8ohm which is the highest any bookshelf speaker can reach. Apparently the only speakers that can match Boston acoustic is Sony oddly enough, Poke came in third. The impedance level and the wattage they advertised didn't match the quality of the sound and bass they produce. Not to mention they didn't explode when i hooked up a 140watt channel receiver to them.

upgraded to a 140 channel 7.1 1000watt pioneer sense then

http://denonhometheatersale.blogspot.ca/2012/07/denon-dht-1513ba-total-650-watt-51.html

the quality sound is remarkable considering the advertised 75watts, highly doubt that for the quality and bass they put out.

Edited by Thor.