The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Everybody has new avatars all of a sudden, I guess I should finally get a new one as well-I did on Steam. The current one was only meant to be temporary, but I was too lazy to ever implement the final one.

No, I forgot the password to my photobucket account and couldn't be bothered to go retrieve it, given that new avatar wasn't even very good.

I find it slightly amusing that I kept forgetting to change my Steam and Nexus avatars, considering how sassy I normally am in games. I spend ages customising my characters and tend to spend a fortune on capes, helmets and other superfluous armour trimmings. And yet as sassy as I am I had a weird-ass stock photo as my Steam avatar for two years.

I think the main thing was, last time I did my avatars it wasn't anywhere near as convenient as it today-today it's just a matter of cropping the image you want and you're good to go. Back then you needed a Photobucket account and Paint.net installed, and you had to manually adjust the image composition to reduce the quality to < 70 KB.

Got a notice from Kunos today, saying Assetto Corsa should be out in full within the next few months. Similarly Planetary Annihilation's stable now-it's been about a week since I was last able to make it crash successfully. These Early Access games grow up so fast.

Edited by Vindekarr

It sucks that a lot of major titles and decent games (like Asseto Corsa) are unavailable for Linux. I don't want to fiddle with Wine cause it's a pain in the arse. Besides, Wine gives a performance penalty if things are out of order - GPU drivers only work well after I compile a 3.12 kernel and install latest AMD drivers (13.10), and I have to set the kernel's CPU governor to performance (aka, constant full CPU speed).

I'd use Windows for games but my CPU doesn't work right in Windows (not even with FX patches), most of the time it runs at 2.7GHz (x13.5 multi) since frequency fluctuates constantly from 1.5GHz to 4.46GHz (my current OC). Then there's a problem where my graphics card works 50% slower with any driver other than Catalyst 13.4, and even a 1MHz OC results in screen artifacts. So I got rid of Win7 again 2 months ago - when I pay for hardware I expect to get the performance I pay for, not half of it. :dry:

Edited by Werne