The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Broken laser maybe, my laser mouse has lasted me for nearly 3 years and climbing. One thing impresses me the most is the life of those laser mouses. They rule.

In other news i got pizza free, they where late.

Edited by Thor.

Broken laser maybe, my laser mouse has lasted me for nearly 3 years and climbing. One thing impresses me the most is the life of those laser mouses. They rule.

Hm. Maybe, I guess I have had it for quite a few years now. Not to mention it was cheap.

It seems like it's working fine though.

Today I met the stupidest gamer I have encountered in roughly three years. Infact it may even be the same idiot I met three years ago, given he was doing the exact same thing.

I was playing Starbound online. We were out in Sector X(endgame sector) on endgame characters, having one last run before the new patch phases out this type of character architecture forever and wipes our saves. It was a lot of fun: cruising around in my dreadnought, killing bosses and chilling out. And then Dan arrived, and it all turned to custard. And I don't like custard.

See, Dan was about 14 and a complete idiot. I have no idea how he got onto our server, but he did and he ruined everything. Dan's problem was he was playing a brand new character in an endgame sector. He had no armour, no gun and no idea how to play or fight properly. Every monster on the planet could one-shot him, but rather than sticking to us for protection-hell I offered to give him my sidearm-he insisted on fighting solo because he refused to work with a female character. Even a female robot.

So Dan begins his adventure, and dies. Right away. One shot and bye-bye Dan. I ask Dan if he wants to have some of my old gear, and he says "shut the f*** up you limey b*** I don't want your f***ing help this your fault go f***ing kill yourself" (albeit with a LOT more typos) Dan then runs off to pay the monster back for it's temerity, and guess what: it punches him to the ground in a single contemptuous blow. Dan returns even angrier, screaming swears at us and accusing us of hacking-after all he couldn't possibly be doing anything wrong.

Dan dies about ten or twelve more times all the while screaming increasingly incoherently. By this stage he's completely hysterical and I can here him smashing things over the mic. Eventually there's a loud CRACK! and his character just stops and I hear him yell "NOOOOO!!! MY COMPUTER!!!!" It turns out Dan got so enraged that he smashed his god damn keyboard clean through his monitor. The sad part of the story is, during the whole tantrum everyone else was offering to give him gear and help him out. He responded by threatening us and throwing sexual and racial slurs.

I would grief report him if he was on psn, sigh i wish steam had something like that. I would be calling for a ban.

Some people simply should not be gaming period.

Edited by Thor.

Amazon its about time you get up to date on your video card section.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GTX780-GDDR5-3GB-Graphics-GV-N78TGHZ-3GD/dp/B00H707REI/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1389438458&sr=8-11&keywords=gtx780+ti

Cheaper then newegg.

Impressive benchmarks at 2k.

20 days and counting until i have that paycheck so can buy that freaking card lol.

Edited by Thor.

Watched a movie called Lincoln tonight. I'm not usually interested in political dramas but I was recommended it by a friend, and I'm very glad I watched it, especially having recently watched Django Unchained: as utterly different as the movies are, they're set in the same year and make for an interest juxtaposition.

Lincoln is a great movie. It's pretty slow-paced and very technical, but the acting is sublime and it tells a good story very well. I'd recommend it to anyone-even if you're not usually into character based drama-it really is that good. It may be short on battlemechs and lasers but it's still very much worth seeing.

It turns out Dan got so enraged that he smashed his god damn keyboard clean through his monitor.

Listening sucks compared to actually seeing it, I've seen my brother do the same thing when he played FO3 and died fighting a group of raiders. He first smashed his keyboard against the table but that was no fun so he then started smashing it against the monitor. Monitor was a bloody great product, a sturdy 4:3 HP LCD and the frame managed to take the hits without a problem. But when he slammed the keyboard against the screen itself, it went right through and made the monitor's back panel break into pieces. :laugh:

Needless to say, it didn't work anymore, and in a fit of rage that induced he managed to also break the mouse, keyboard and speakers. Case withstood the punishment though, I love those heavy old Chieftec cases, you can beat them like crazy and the frame will take it. I got a hold of that machine afterwards (it was my old C2D+Radeon 4350 machine) and changed the case cause of the indentations. That was 5 years ago and he still didn't get a new PC. :laugh:

Impressive benchmarks at 2k.

That means nothing to me, I still use a 19" 1440x900 monitor with a VGA interface. :happy:

I think people forget that gaming is supposed to be fun... you take the knocks with the builds and all will be good.