The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Ouch, 47 degrees... that's real hot. But you say Melbourne changes weather frequently, so maybe it'll rain or something and cool everything off.

We've had quite a bit of rain these last few days - the creek nearly flooded over (we were hoping it would) and there is now that nice, crisp air which is devoid of musky humidity.

Just make sure you wear a hat - otherwise you may smell cooked meat as you're walking outside.

Edited by billyro

I feel ya, i been there. If its a dry heat, try it with a humidex of 100%. 35c feels like 48 is much worse.

Man the Sega Saturn was so ahead of its time, this game came out around 1996.

Edited by Thor.

I still remember Need For Speed 2, one of the first games I ever got, had lots of fun playing it. And when I would get bored I'd drive backwards trying to mow down every sign there is on a map. :laugh:

Those were good times. :happy:

When I was a kid, I thought "Grand Prix" was pronounced "Grand Pricks". :P

We had a Formula One game on the N64 (can't remember what it was called) but my brother and I would race on "pro" mode and try to knock each other off the track and stuff like that. Most of the time we had to quit because all the tyres popped...

Good times indeed. :yes:

The best racing game for the time, still stands today was none other then top gear 3000 for the snes.

Oh and do you want proof of the insane increase of Performance, i swear its like something just awakened it. the two radeon cards. I thought i would give it a last run before i dismantle them. Heaven benchmark didn't know what to say..

Tessellation maxed out.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/v32bte.jpg

Who knows what fps i would get with a gtx780 ti, without the bottleneck i obviously had, something wonderful is about to happen. Maybe a gtx780 ti record.

Edited by Thor.

<snip>

I still vividly remember playing the likes of Project Gotham and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit with my dad after school. The beauty of games like that, was that even a then 11 year old could drive a 500 horsepower Ferrari in a vaguely straight line.

It's amazing to think that was 15 years ago now. The genre is very strong at the moment, there's games for any skill/interest level and the attention to detail and level of realism is just staggering and it's only getting better. The biggest change, besides the graphics, is the level of competition. If you're really into cars, there's a whole world of competitive leagues and online championships now. You can make some serious money as a pro racer, and a couple of famous pro racing gamers landed jobs as real racing drivers.

http://cdn4.spong.com/screen-shot/n/e/needforspe80614/_-Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-2-Xbox-_.jpg

http://cramgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/project-cars.jpg

The graphics sure have improved...