The last poster wins

TheCalliton

:mellow:

Hmm trying to find someone with the same system specs as me on 3dmark 11, then do a vague estimated score before i even install it. I think i already out perform the results so far on 3dmark with a amd 8350. Mine is far better clocked then the one listed, not to mention a optimized Samsung 500gb ssd to go along with it.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7668575

Guesstimate it would be around 6500 range.

bad news i had to uninstall everything that is steam, do to a stupid cache glitch, that seems to e a problem with some users.

I just figured i just flush steam with a fresh install, note don't do it if you want to keep your games, make sure to back them up.

Edited by Thor.

Cricket is like Baseball :blink: -compared to American football-UK football :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: Soccer.

Edited by Thor.

Well, kind of. They have similarities but they're quite different games. Baseball is a lot simpler, though.

I haven't watched soccer or American football before (yeah I know... never watched a soccer game. Crazy right?) but they seem a bit boring in their own ways. Soccer only has like 1 point per game if you're lucky, and American football has to pause after every single play.

Here in Australia, all our sports have much more scoring, which I think makes the games more enjoyable and engaging.

<snip>

Sport is just a matter of taste. With any given sport there's an argument why it's great and another argument as to why it sucks, but at the end of the day it's just a matter of taste, and finding what interests you.

Speaking for myself, my main sporting interest is with motor sport. That's not very surprising: virtually every immediate relative I have is some sort of engineer, and both my parents are complete and utter Formula One fanboys. Motorsport is and always has been a bit of a closed world. It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't share the interest, what appeals about it whereas people who are into cars tend to just "get" it.

The main thing I would say, is that racing is a very demanding sport. Driving a race car, even my road-legal track-day Lancer, is a very demanding and often painful experience. You're wearing five layers of clothing and a helmet so tight you can barely breathe. It gets to 55 degrees Celsius in the car, and every time you hit a corner, centrifugal force equal to three times the force of gravity literally tries to tear your head from your shoulders. The driving itself isn't easy: it takes 78 kilograms of force just to push in the brake pedal, and you've got to do that while steering manhandling a ton and a half of steel and carbon fibre around a track at 155 miles per hour. Without power steering. All the while, losing concentration isn't an option: crash and will hurt. A lot. And you've got to do this for two and a half straight hours.

And yet beyond the discomfort-or perhaps because of it-it's an incredibly satisfying sport. The difficulty is what makes it satisfying. You're pushing a superbly engineered machine to it's absolute limit, while facing great physical challenge and your own fear of dying. The faster the car, the more violent the forces involved, and the more challenging and yet more rewarding the experience gets.

Well, that's what draws me to racing. Anybody else feel like voicing their sporting interests?

Edited by Vindekarr

The only sport I'm interested in is programming.

Fair enough.

Well, as of about 20 minutes ago the heat wave officially ended with a lovely cool breeze coming through. Tomorrow it's going to be 26 Celsius-a drop of some 20 degrees. It's finally over.

<snip>

Sport is just a matter of taste. With any given sport there's an argument why it's great and another argument as to why it sucks, but at the end of the day it's just a matter of taste, and finding what interests you.

Well, yeah, that was my opinion. I should have clarified. But to be honest, I like all kinds of sport - some just more than others. Playing them is even better.

The only sport I'm interested in is programming.

I'm not very good at that sport; it requires too much concentration.

Well, as of about 20 minutes ago the heat wave officially ended with a lovely cool breeze coming through. Tomorrow it's going to be 26 Celsius-a drop of some 20 degrees. It's finally over.

I don't know how you cope! A 20°C change in temperature overnight... that would be pretty hard to adapt to. But you're probably used to it - our temperatures don't vary much.