The last poster wins

TheCalliton

hahaha! those pills won't help him much... :D

Yeah, extra-small willy and erectile dysfunction, no amount of pills would help with that. My guess is mother nature wanted to make sure he won't reproduce. :laugh:

Yeah, extra-small willy and erectile dysfunction, no amount of pills would help with that. My guess is mother nature wanted to make sure he won't reproduce. :laugh:

Well, that's natural selection for ya. :cool:

LOL, Werne. You threaten to leave ans suddenly this thread becomes ever so slightly less boring again. Wouldn't get my hopes up in the long run though.

Kotor runs beautifully with Nvidia cards, it runs as smooth as silk with soft shadowing and all the bells and whistles at full screen in 720p. The game was truly ahead of its time.

Now i can mod the crap out of it YAY..

Ah. Finally got that Nvidia card eh? About bloody time too. :tongue:

Been thinking about reinstalling that game myself too. Pointless endeavour though. Not enough time to install, mod and play it anymore.

Sure wouldn't mind hearing that old coot's stories one last time though :tongue:

Oh, I saw Thor (you know, that movie about you :tongue:) the other day. :tongue:

Err... Nothing else to report.

Edit: wow, it's actually... busy. Well, relatively speaking.

Edited by BlackRampage

Not just any Nvidia card, the gtx780 ti gigabyte windforce edition, the highest clocked ti.

I'm set for whatever gaming brings me, especially sense mantle isn't just gcn only. Nvidia cards can take advantage of it to.

Edited by Thor.

Not just any Nvidia card, the gtx780 ti gigabyte windforce edition, the highest clocked ti.

I'm set for whatever gaming brings me, especially sense mantle isn't just gcn only. Nvidia cards can take advantage of it to.

can you run multiple games at the same time? You know.. bring it to its limits :devil:

Yeah... my bet will be on Mantle cards taking advantage of GeForce same as PhysX takes advantage of Radeon - crappy, just as a "screw you and your PhysX" if for no other reason. Mantle is designed and optimized for GCN with "ported functionality" to different architectures, it'll very likely run much on GCN better since it's native. Besides, Nvidia is highly unlikely to give architectural specifications to AMD for better optimization of Mantle for GeForce, which has a potential to affect performance badly.

So my bet is that the Radeons pull ahead of GeForce, mainly because AMD doesn't have a broomstick stuck up their arse in regards to sharing architecture information, and because the R9 290 and 290X are already going head-to-head with the Titan and 780 Ti respectively.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little depressed tonight, but I feel compelled to add this as an addendum to my story. Basically, the whole throwing-the-beer-at-my-car thing was class related. Australian society is a whole lot uglier in reality than what you see on TV. It's very stratified, and there are huge divides in political ideology, education and hob security between various strata. In addition, a few years ago the tariff wall that protected our economy by keeping competition away, was removed.

This caused huge problems for local manufacturing; many rich Australian investors simply sacked vast portions of the workforce and started making things overseas, creating a new underclass of poorly educated people with little access to money or a job. It's little surprise that there's tension between higher and lower classes; it's not the violent sort of tension, more the "I really don't like you" clenched jaw sort of tension.

How does this pertain to the story? I'm upper class. I'm not proud of that fact, but I am. I went to university and didn't have any trouble finding a well-paying job. I hardly even have an Australian accent; my mother was an English academic. I can't identify with the politics at that end of Australian society, but I can sort of forgive the guy. If I was getting by on welfare, was drunk, and saw what looks like an expensive car, I'd probably hurl a bottle at it to.

This image is really quite gory, but it's too poetically descriptive of Australian society for me not to post it; a Wedge-Tail Eagle sitting on a dead Kangaroo. Two of Australia's Heraldic animals, but they both have utterly different connotations.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/WedgetailEagleCarrion.jpg

Yeah... my bet will be on Mantle cards taking advantage of GeForce same as PhysX takes advantage of Radeon - crappy, just as a "screw you and your PhysX" if for no other reason. Mantle is designed and optimized for GCN with "ported functionality" to different architectures, it'll very likely run much on GCN better since it's native. Besides, Nvidia is highly unlikely to give architectural specifications to AMD for better optimization of Mantle for GeForce, which has a potential to affect performance badly.

So my bet is that the Radeons pull ahead of GeForce, mainly because AMD doesn't have a broomstick stuck up their arse in regards to sharing architecture information, and because the R9 290 and 290X are already going head-to-head with the Titan and 780 Ti respectively.

Cough read this

http://wccftech.com/amd-mantle-api-require-gcn-work-nvidia-graphic-cards/

proof is in the article

http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Untitled11.jpg

It would have been a real bad pr move it was proprietary

--------------------

the one thing that really pushed me towards Nvidia, The radeon r9 r290 and r290x have a sever problem with there gpu clock boost. If the card over heats the boost clocks have a issue of being throttled down to a very low clock speed around 700mhz at the lowest. Even when the heat isn't all that bad, the sensor would kick in and the clocks would drop to a very low level.

Edited by Thor.

Look at all this talking. There's still hope for this thread. :laugh:

Australian society is a whole lot uglier in reality than what you see on TV.

All I ever see on TV, besides silly movies that I hope most people would realize aren't real, is really rich old people (usually American) retiring to Australia and buying property worth millions of dollars. And picky people at that.
"This dock isn't good enough" "The closet is too small" "I need the bathroom to be 100 square feet or I'll die"

I don't understand the need for such large bathrooms. Are you going to have a party in there? :tongue: