The last poster wins

TheCalliton

It isn't sexy IronMan, it's just gross. The characters are so low-res and low-poly, and so disfigured looking that it's more disgusting than anything else. And besides, they're so distorted they barely look human. I have never seen a human woman who measures over a metre wide at the shoulders and hips, has an L-shaped spine, and a microscopic waist. If it's anything, it's disgusting.

Tell me, ever saw Bethesda's female character mesh in Blender? It's quite visible in-game as well - their spine is messed up.

In Blender it's much more evident than in-game due to angle, when looking at it through Orthographic view from the side, Bethesda curved the female's spine to a point where a woman looks as if she has Lordosis (curvature of the Lumbar vertebrae inwards) only to make female ass and breasts stick out more through body shape. It's especially prominent in Skyrim while Fallout female mesh is a bit more natural, cutting off upper torso of a female mesh from Skyrim in Blender makes her look like she's mid-way bent over, it's deformed that much.

And a lot of modders (excluding dimon99 which actually tried to reduce that with UNP but failed to remedy completely due to Bethesda's skeleton) try to actually boost that effect to make breasts and ass stick out even more. Real women have a slightly more curved spine than males due to their bodies being different, but Bethesda's women are half way from becoming a pretzel.

What's most disturbing is that no one actually notices that except me. Makes you kinda wonder how many guys who play Skyrim have actually saw a woman up close. :ermm:

Edited by Werne

I was trying to remember the condition that it reminded me of; you're right, Bethsoft female body models aren't tremendously realistic but Neverwinter's are a joke. They portray women as being able to pivot their bodies at midriff height as far as 99 degrees either way, and their idle animation has their upper torso angled about 45 degrees to the right of their pelvis, which is biologically very difficult. The lumbar curve is just ludicrous; you'd need twice as many vertibrae to even make that posture biologically possible. The curve is so pronounced that they look fat, despite being anorexically skinny.

Invictus is the only female character I can believe actually could rotate at the midsection, and she's a five-thousand year old sentient war machine. And yes, she. War Hammer's Titans absorb the souls of their crew when they die, and as they get older their personality and intelligence grows to the point where they become self-aware. There's even a cult in-game that worships the more developed ones as gods: at 220 metres tall, I'd probably worship too if she was looking straight at me.

http://www.el33tonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/19151.jpg

I was trying to remember the condition that it reminded me of; you're right, Bethsoft female body models aren't tremendously realistic but Neverwinter's are a joke. They portray women as being able to pivot their bodies at midriff height as far as 99 degrees either way, and their idle animation has their upper torso angled about 45 degrees to the right of their pelvis, which is biologically very difficult. The lumbar curve is just ludicrous; you'd need twice as many vertibrae to even make that posture biologically possible. The curve is so pronounced that they look fat, despite being anorexically skinny.

Invictus is the only female character I can believe actually could rotate at the midsection, and she's a five-thousand year old sentient war machine. And yes, she. War Hammer's Titans absorb the souls of their crew when they die, and as they get older their personality and intelligence grows to the point where they become self-aware. There's even a cult in-game that worships the more developed ones as gods: at 220 metres tall, I'd probably worship too if she was looking straight at me.

http://www.el33tonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/19151.jpg

did you enjoy the game btw? i expected a lot more... i was kinda dissapointed to be honest :dry:

did you enjoy the game btw? i expected a lot more... i was kinda dissapointed to be honest :dry:

I was quite disappointed, though it did meet my expectations: the problem was I felt like the whole thing had been done a million times before. The scene with Titan Invictus had shock value, but that was about it. Overall it played to War Hammer's weaknesses, not it's strength. You could make a good War Hammer shooter but Space Marine wasn't it.

Personally, I'd like to see a deep, linear RPG based on the Eisenhorn books. If you're going to do War Hammer, you might as well focus on War Hammer at it's best. I'd imagine an Eisenhorn game as being similar to maybe the most recent Tomb Raider, or Assassin's Creed. Third person, and with a major emphasis placed on storytelling and voice acting, rather than combat-which doesn't really get much page-time in that series.

An Eisenhorn game would also give War Hammer more mass-appeal. Space Marine was quite Niche, as was Dawn Of War. Eisenhorn draws much more from traditional art and story writing style, and it's characters are less likely to turn more serious people off in the way that a 680 pound UltraMarine might.

Argh, this house is infested with flying insects and it's really annoying! They keep landing on me and my computer screen and even though I've killed about 20 of them, more just appear. All the doors are closed in the house (we realised one was open and that's where all the bugs came from) but there is nothing else we can really do. And insect repellent is kind of useless when they're everywhere, so can't use that.

Had to reinstall FNV tonight, after I managed to basically turn my install inside-out. FCO still isn't working 100% but at least it's stable again. The problem was to do with me cavalierly piling on mod after mod to see just how many I could shove in. While I was reinstalling I finally bit the bullet and tried a few of Millenia's gun mods; I only recently found out that they're lore friendly. They're all great; the quality of work is exceptional, but the ones I keep coming back to are the M92 Beretta, GSG3 and L96A1.

The main strength of all three is how well they work as a loadout. I'm still looking for a good automatic rifle for when I do get detected(when you're as clumsy as I am it's best to have a failsafe) They don't feel unbalanced, but they are damn effective if you play a stealth character. The L96 is basically a heavily upgraded Hunting Rifle with a silencer; fires pretty slowly but the spread is tiny and it's very quiet. Backed up with the mid-range precision stopping power of the GSG and the short-range high-DPS M92 Raffica you've got a great combo. My only further additions would be a combat knife, a holdout and some sort of full-auto loud weapon.

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100914230411/combatarms/images/7/70/Main_l96a1_ghillie.jpg

Edited by Vindekarr