The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Oh, I made Oblivion look nicer by using the FXAA Injector today. That's pretty interesting, right? ... Nah, not really. :sad:

Actually, anything that can make Oblivion look nicer is interesting, that thing is just plain ugly, especially the NPCs. :sick:

Well, for the NPCs, all you need is this mod. Or, this if you want something closer to vanilla (lol).

And as strange as it sounds, I used to have Oblivion set up so beautifully. It looked way better than Skyrim and run far better too. Sadly though, I did a driver update a while back and it made Oblivion reset the .ini file and it wrecked everything somehow. The FXAA mod at least got some of the colour back, though the small drop in frames per second annoys me a little bit.

But at least there is a good side to all of this - new RAM will come with a lifetime warranty so if it dies, I get new sticks for free instead of spending money on them. Nice. :happy:

Whoa, that's a good deal. (Heh, that sentence is pretty much the only one I could reply to out of your other ones :tongue:)

Also, does anyone know how to get ENB mods working with Oblivion? I just can't make it work - I copy the files over, run the injector.exe (I have to because I'm using an Optimus laptop) and then the game. It just doesn't work: it's like I never installed it all.

I've got ENB mods working for both Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim, so I know how to install them, and I've also turned off anti-aliasing in the Nvidia Control Panel, so what else could be the problem? It's really annoying me. :pinch:

Edited by billyro

My not very interesting stories for today are that I finally got around to making myself a house in Starbound after the recent patch destroyed the universe. It's the final time they'll need to wipe the server data, and so this time I built more than just a concrete brick. I've built a lot of big structures in brick-based games, so this time I put all my siegecraft to work. I built a Cheyenne Mountain inspired bunker complex; the trick with mountain bunkers is to actually make the bunkers as a floating anthill complex, then pour the mountain over the top.

So I made my bunker complex as a series of interconnected, floating rooms. Once the superstructure was finished, I used a Lava and Water gun to create a mountain over the top: a friend poured lava so that it flowed down over the sides, and I then hosed the lava with the cold water gun to cool it. After about an hour total labour we had a vast, nearly invulnerable bunker complx; chilled magma is unbelievably strong-it takes about 30 seconds with a diamond drill to remove a single block, and we went for about 50 blocks deep at shallowest point. It'll be a b&@*$ to renovate later, but it should be griefer, acid and meteor proof for the time being.

On a different but no less dull topic, the car I'll be racing for this and next year arrived this afternoon. It's a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution; a ubiquitous sight at any race track. Used 'Evos are perfect race cars; they're compact, powerful and beautifully made. The other thing they have going for them is price; if I'd bought my Lancer new, it would have cost me around $60,000. I paid less than half that for a car with all the factory goodies like a diffuser and carbon accents, and $800 worth of special edition paint. It's because they're a stereotypical hoon's car; even a really mint Evo is tainted goods once it's pre-loved.

The mighty 2010 Evo X: it's not very nice looking car, nor is it subtle or refined. If you drove to a date in it, you'd get laughed at unless you're dating Tommy Makkinen. On the other hand, if you're nine hours into a twelve hour endurance race, it's pouring down rain and you're trying to chase down a Porsche while battling a slowly deflating tyre, this is the car you want to be in: it just. doesn't. break.

http://assets.shannons.com.au/U45A2JRQA95OU9QD/G97DGGR04968X4A5/ldlgvxpm8l8dyjql/jpg/320x216/vehicle/2009-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution.jpg

I installed Oblivion and played it for about an hour yesterday. I had to uninstall it because whenever I have a disc in my laptop the drive vibrates horribly. It's loud. And annoying. One more reason to get a new computer.
Not that I have many physical copies of games anymore, and most that I do actually install through Steam, have a giant ass update (Witcher 2), or I can download through Origin.

Does anyone know of any neat fixes for z-fighting. Sigh. Still no fix for it. Skyrim has it really bad, so does Borderlands 2. They even say battlefield 4 suffers from it. High and low textures fighting for position.

Edited by Thor.

It's been some time since I last played Oblivion, but it's it so that when you run the game via OBSE, you don't need to insert the disk at all anymore? Works that way with Fallout 3 too.

Oh maybe. I didn't try. I had the disc in to run the launcher and edit settings, and it sounded like it was reading it when I was loading the game. So I left it.

I can just pop it out once it's started anyway since that's what I used to do so two people (my brothers) could play as well.

Does anyone know of any neat fixes for z-fighting. Sigh. Still no fix for it. Skyrim has it really bad, so does Borderlands 2. They even say battlefield 4 suffers from it. High and low textures fighting for position.

I've never noticed this. Of course I don't run on very high settings (and I have some integrated Intel graphics). Though I don't remember noticing it on my old computer either. It was probably there, I just didn't realize it. I'll have to look now and see if it's happening on my laptop. I probably can't see far enough in game for it to happen. lol

Edited by K00L

Well, since the RAM I wanted to buy is sold-out (which sucks, it jumps in price nearly 1.5x tomorrow), I can't get new RAM. Luckily, I remembered borrowing some DDR3 to a guy who needed it and now I got it back, it's 4GB of DDR3-1333 with 9-9-9-24 timings (which I overclocked to DDR3-1600 with 9-9-9-25 timings) so it'll do for now, I'll get new RAM when the prices drop, cheapest 8GB kit is $125 and it's that low-power crap that sucks more than the RAM i use now.

Though I found a used 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz CL9 kit being sold for $35, so I may as well put that in alongside what I have, overclock it to 1600MHz and call it a day. :smile:

I have ram clocked around 1866mhz.

On what timings? I can get this thing up to 1866MHz with 12-12-12-33 timings and 2133MHz at 14-14-14-38 (didn't try 2400MHz) but those are pretty loose timings and overall don't bring much to the table. :confused: