The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I don't know what timings you even have, there are several versions of that RAM at 1866MHz with different timings ranging from CL9 to CL11. Aside from that, it's a rather low-speed RAM with non-uniform timings, and regardless of what you do to it you can get a maximum of 1-2%. Games have practically no reaction to timing/frequency modifications, I can run on DDR3-800 5-5-5-15 with the same components as you and get the exact same FPS.

I get ~5% in synthetical benchmarks by overclocking my RAM since this Transcend is a decent overclocker with uniform timings. By pumping some 1.6-1.65V through it I can get the RAM timings even tighter (maybe even 10-10-10-28 on 1866MHz) and maybe gain some ~7%, but my sticks have no heatsinks so that would be risky.

My ddr3 has decent heatsinks on them, ram i usually like to leave alone. I had many fail do to overclocking :teehee: , its sitting around 1500mhz right now. I rather leave it there.

Edited by Thor.

I thought you guys had stopped with all the technobabble :tongue:

Anyway, I've got mine at 2133 Mhz (CL9; 9-10-11-30) But then, they're built for that frequency.

Edit: Still winning...

Edited by BlackRampage

Heh, it's cruel but blocked some of Thor's posts. Now whenever he starts talking about his graphics card the posts are hidden, it makes this page a lot quieter but I like it that way.

My C++ class is going to be interesting... I just wrote, compiled, and ran a small program that merely outputs a line of code in the console and AVG blocked it and declared it to be a Trojan.

THIS is dangerous?!

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Lazy Day!\n\tPretty Day!\n\t\tI'm Happy Today! (computer should beep! now)\a";
}

My C++ class is going to be interesting... I just wrote, compiled, and ran a small program that merely outputs a line of code in the console and AVG blocked it and declared it to be a Trojan.

THIS is dangerous?!

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Lazy Day!\n\tPretty Day!\n\t\tI'm Happy Today! (computer should beep! now)\a";
}

Ooh yeah, that bit of code does look pretty mean. I guess you can't fault AVG for wanting to protect your computer from that...

... Ahahahaha. What the heck, AVG?! You are one silly anti-virus. :laugh:

Trojan

std

:laugh:

I couldn't help it.

Anyway... I finally played through Dragonborn... I'm not sure how I feel about it. I liked it more than the rest of Skyrim, but it still was... just okay. I guess I shouldn't expect much from Bethesda.

Edited by K00L