The last poster wins

TheCalliton

It's the only decent stuff Nightwish made since Dark Passion Play, and it's live concert music.

Lol, you actually got Dark passion play?

For me, this is the first thing from Nightwish I bought since the Once album. Feels like a lifetime ago. The fact that the live music is recorded at Wacken open air only makes it even better.

Best metal festival I've ever been too.

I had to pay € 40 for it, so € 43 with shipping is not even all that expensive imo.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Wacken-open-air-festival.jpg

couldn't find anything constructive to say.

Meh, who gives a rat's ass whether it's constructive or not. If I got € 1 for every time I said something completely random, I'd be a multimillionaire by now.

Edit: Ass isn't censored? In that case... ass. (+ € 1 for random stuff)

Edited by BlackRampage

Mellow faces are banned, couldn't find anything constructive to say.

:laugh: So instead you quoted everything people said.

You're hurting my manly feelings... :facepalm:

My family is too empathetic to take things too far. Usually it just ends up with harsh words and then that's it.

I'm sorry, but you trained in taekwondo and got beat up by an 11 year old girl (had to say it one more time :tongue:), any manly man would suffocate to death by laughing at that. I got beat up by a girl (dropped a slice of pizza on her head, she didn't like it) and I married her, that makes me an overly manly man, and that means it's my duty to hurt your manly feelings. :armscrossed:

As for your family, seems like a nice group, not my kind of group though since I solve my problems by inflicting pain. My family was different, if I were to have a sister and if she were to make the same kind of drama in my family, there'd be belt marks on her arse in a matter of seconds.

I'm just going to stop commenting on this little bit, since my honour has been stained so much. :P

You know what? When I was a kid, my Dad used to whack me with a belt and a wooden spoon whenever I misbehaved. My brother got the same treatment. My sister, on the other hand, did not. I don't think that it is merely coincidence: she acts like she does because she thinks she is invulnerable.

And now that I think about it, the one time that I did give her a big bruise on her arm, was the time that she annoyed me far less.

You don't need to scream like a war cry, just a solid yell will do the trick. And, yeah, breaking their neck also works I suppose. :tongue:

And how inconsiderate of those people, bleeding all over the place... they just don't care for anyone except themselves! Maybe you should try bludgeoning instead of stabbing next time? It might have a different result.

Meh, I hate yelling, too much noise, breaking necks is more effective and there's less work and noise involved. And yeah, how dare they bleed all over, I don't want to mess up my clean shirt. Bludgeoning doesn't work either, then there's even more blood everywhere.

By the way, breaking someone's neck is not as easy as it may seem, it requires a lot of strength and even then you'll fail if you have a bad grip. Just a heads up if you ever consider breaking someone's neck. :wink:

Noise is the point. :P And I thought bludgeoning have a different type of bleeding? Stabs tend to leak out and fountain around the place, where are a bludgeon would squirt a bit but then just pool afterwards, right? A wound with more surface area bleeds less, or so I'm told.

And if I ever consider breaking someone's neck, I'll use some weapons to make sure I get the job done quickly and properly. :thumbsup:

Never do a groin kick on a female. Depending on how hard you kick, they'll either be down for the count or need to be hospitalised. It's an effective move, but not one you want to pull outside of a war zone, considering the placement of the Pubis bone just under the skin and the huge mass of nerve tissue in that area. If you thought getting kicked in the balls hurt, well, you've got about half the nerve-endings in the line of fire. Yeah. it's that painful.

Wouldn't it be a different type of pain, though? Nut-shots have that sickness-in-your-stomach feel to them, and in worst case scenarios, make you vomit (I came close to that once). I think a kick to a girl's crotch would be more of an actual, physical pain (not verified, but just a guess).

I guess it would be hard to choose between them if they were both at the extremes...

Updated pc specs

Windows 7 OEM pro 64bit edition

amd 8350 4.30ghz turbo

Asus Sabertooth 990fx v1 Bios fully updated.

gtx780ti gigabyte windforce OC edition

Creative Sound Blaster Z :dance: gaming sound card

8gb Viper Patriot Extreme ram 1866mhz

Antec 1000 Watt sli certified modular psu

Samsung 500gb ssd

Crucial m5 480gb ssd

Momentus solid state hybrid drive 500gb

Asus 3d ready 144mhz Nvidia certified-gsync ready.

The Ultimate single card gaming rig setup.

Dvi to monitor

Dvi to hdmi to tv so the audio wont pipe through

Man i tell ya i have been getting some impressive benchmarks

One thing that impresses me about the creative z, you can switch from headphone to receiver in the control panel, dts toslink streams "stereo" sources to full 5.1 surround, unlike onboard.

Edited by Thor.

Lol, you actually got Dark passion play?

Not anymore, it's one of the rare few CDs I actually got (donated from someone who didn't like it), and then got rid of it. There's only one song from Nightwish that was actually worth something on that disc - The Islander, and that would be it. The only other song that was worth anything since Tarja left is While Your Lips Are Still Red, which is a single without Anette (Marco's vocals only, I like him in Tarot).

I had to pay € 40 for it, so € 43 with shipping is not even all that expensive imo.

I pay under €10 per album here, so €43 is 4.3x the price of what I'd usually pay. Well worth it though, the only thing that sucks is that I have no BlueRay player. :sad:

I'm just going to stop commenting on this little bit, since my honour has been stained so much. :tongue:

You know what? When I was a kid, my Dad used to whack me with a belt and a wooden spoon whenever I misbehaved. My brother got the same treatment. My sister, on the other hand, did not. I don't think that it is merely coincidence: she acts like she does because she thinks she is invulnerable.

And now that I think about it, the one time that I did give her a big bruise on her arm, was the time that she annoyed me far less.

Ha, you see, my illogical logic makes sense. :cool:

Noise is the point. :tongue: And I thought bludgeoning have a different type of bleeding? Stabs tend to leak out and fountain around the place, where are a bludgeon would squirt a bit but then just pool afterwards, right? A wound with more surface area bleeds less, or so I'm told.

And if I ever consider breaking someone's neck, I'll use some weapons to make sure I get the job done quickly and properly. :thumbsup:

Bludgeoning sprays instead of just leaking, that only makes a bigger mess. :sad:

Your computer sounds really powerful. Do you think it could withstand a sledgehammer? :tongue:

'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAT1eBpJyG8

I'll bring the sledge, you set the case up. :devil:

Ehh, I fully blocked Thor the other night. It's a mean thing to do but this thread's a lot more interesting without his constant bragging.

As for my particular set of hyper-boring obsessions, I was reading an article today about big developments in my industry this year. Apparently there's a new innovation taking the car industry by storm called ASS. ASS supposedly makes driving at highway speeds vastly safer, but I'm more interested in the name; what the bloody hell was the marketing division drinking at that board meeting? I want some.

And if, if someone's actually interested, ASS(Aerodynamic Stabilisation System) uses clever little aerofoils hidden in the car's body to automatically adjust the car's aerodynamic profile. It's stupidly complex, quite boring, and I won't even bother trying to explain, but basically the faster you go with ASS, theoretically the more grip your car has. Plus, it's called ASS and that's funny.

Edited by Vindekarr

@Vindekarr Dat ASS... :laugh:

So the faster you move, the more ASS you grip? :huh:

Oh no way, I got it all wrong, the faster you move your ASS, the better it grips. :thumbsup:

the faster you go with ASS, theoretically the more grip your car has.

Now actually serious, wasn't that already a thing? I mean, look at F1 cars, the faster they go the more they are pressed against the ground and they have a better grip on their wheels (higher pressure insures better surface grip). Actually, scratch that, nearly every modern car (except that box called Lada Niva) is made to do the same thing, the faster it goes, the more grip it has. So... what, they basically re-invented what already exists and named it ASS?

Edited by Werne

Well, everyone wants their piece of the ASS. :laugh:

Also, I figured out why Oblivion only loaded at 40-ish frames. The trees in L&G Floriana Gloria have so many polys that my laptop literally struggles to render them. When I put the tree fade distance on 0, I got 60 frames. Oh well, I'm not removing them because they look too nice. :tongue:

Edited by billyro

Also, I figured out why Oblivion only loaded at 40-ish frames. The trees in L&G Floriana Gloria have so many polys that my laptop literally struggles to render them. When I put the tree fade distance on 0, I got 60 frames. Oh well, I'm not removing them because they look too nice. :tongue:

Do you know that if you set the tree settings too low, trees will only appear as LOD trees no matter how close or far you are from them? You haven't seen graphical horror until you see that. :ohdear:

Edited by Werne