The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Gah, I've been playing that Heroes of Dragon Age game on the iPad, and it's really annoying me. It's a pay-to-win game, and I refuse to give into micro-transactions! My brother did, though: he's got a legendary and an epic... I've only got measly rares. :pinch:

Microtransactions are plague to online gaming, it defeats the purpose of leveling up, and earning that reward. Even diablo 3 is removing the auction house.

for Vindekarr

Edited by Thor.

Good old pay to win... sometimes it backfires though. Back in Guild Wars 2 folks used to think that buying a Legendary with real money made them somehow a tier above lowly rabble. As proud lowly rabble, I skinned my Exotic(tier below Legendary-same stats but less pretty FX) with a Trash tier skin and wore a suit of Vagabond armour. Nothing more satisfying than stomping on the skull of a generic hot Asian chick in full Cash Shop armour with a Cash-Shop legendary weapon, knowing the last thing they saw was my 49 Copper leather & cloth boot smashing their 5500 gold Primeval helmet.

The one thing I miss from playing Runescape as a kid is being able to loot players. Seriously; it'd make things way more interesting. As about the only person in Guild Wars who's character wasn't an Asian lady with DDD+ tits and gear from the Cash Shop, I'd enjoy being able to flaunt all the item I would have taken from the literally hundreds of aforementioned Generic well-endowed Cash-Shop Asian chicks. I reckon I killed everyone in the Ayothaya Sriram Thep Nakorn guild atleast fifteen times.

I never really got into Guild Wars 2. I tried making a cool character (it was impossible since they all looked like plastic), so I went as a tree person (I forgot what they're called) because my friend was one. I think I got to about level 25 before I just stopped playing.

The problem for me is that I like character customisation. When I can't make a decent human-looking human, and my only armour options for the past 25 levels look terrible, I just cannot continue. Also, all the quests are lackluster, there is far too much grinding involved (my most hated MMO feature) and everything is just boring. The best thing about the game is that there isn't a subscription fee, but even that isn't enough reason for me to keep playing.

I should say now that I am definitely not an MMO fan (I don't even play multiplayer unless it's with a friend), so yeah.

I like Guild Wars 2. But... I just can't play it alone. I'm at level 70 and it's not quite as fun wandering around alone is it was when I played with other people. My characters are also not Asian ladies with DDD+ tits. :laugh:

I still haven't been able to get into PvP. Every time I try it, I get destroyed. Between the lag I get from having too many people running around fighting and not knowing which mesmer is the real one... I did get a few kills, but it was pretty difficult. Maybe it's the class I use. I don't think I remember seeing many other rangers the few times I did play PvP. And WvW seems fun but that's even worse when it comes to how it runs.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is getting close to reaching it's £700,000 stretch goal for motion capture. I want to know what the next two are.

I don't need you BOSS. I did my load order all alone. :D
We'll just forget about the little bit of trouble I had before I edited this post.

Edited by K00L

Oh god my character has four arms.

Fixed it. :ermm:

Edited by K00L