The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Played a really great mod for Starbound today. It replaces the game's damaging meteor showers with Mycetic Spore showers, reportedly inspired by the Warhammer universe. The spore impacts create crates in any land or structure they hit, doing realistic building and area damage. Unlike meteors, once the shower ends an invasion of aliens begins, which creates some very hectic siege moments.

It's a very difficult mod, but when you've got allies and a fortress it's thrilling; I can really see how this would be great in other games. It's wave survival, but the fact your very fortress is literally collapsing around you and becoming more hazardous brings the concept alive. Losing a shield generator isn't about losing points, it's about losing the shield and hastening the fort's decay. To this point I've never seen a team or fortress survive past 15 minutes; one way or another we've had to beam up, and my knowledge of constructing things in Minecraft type games has expanded a thousandfold.

If you want, I could give you my version with the edits so you don't have to do it. :smile:

I'm still tweaking my ENB. When it's disabled, I get 60 frames, but enabled, I get about 45-ish and it annoys me. I had the perfect set-up at one stage (without an ENB) and it looked really nice and rendered great, but then Oblivion auto-detected the settings and screwed everything up. This game is so rebellious!

This house only gets 100GB a month, so this beta is 1/5 of the month's download... for a one hour playing session. :dry: And so far it has been about an hour and a half, and it's at 4%. FDSOIHDOISAHDOIHAS!!!

Also I finished making the first weapon, but I don't really like it so I'll probably scrap it. There are a few problems with the face behind the cross-guard diamond (it's supposed to be flat, but it looks like a shield) which annoys me. I might be able to use that to my advantage, though: this weapon was supposed to be Clanbringer, so if I make a coat of arms thing on the shield, it could symbolise unity.

Maybe, if it's not too bad I can probably get past things like "Friend..." though I know what you mean about those kinds of things in companion... frameworks? The one for Skyrim (UFO I think?) has something similar if I remember. It is kind of odd, but I suppose odd dialogue is acceptable for some of the cool features things like that add.

Speaking of companions, Obsidian did a great job in FONV. Why didn't Bethesda continue that into Skyrim?

I had to force HDR on to even see how ENB looked in Oblivion. Normally turning it on gave me a black screen (or blue if I had ENB installed). It's not even like HDR isn't something I can run on my laptop. It works great. I'll might just switch back to bloom though since I won't be using ENB.

I miiiiiight download ESO tonight. I think it might be fun if I spend a little more time playing it this time.

I think it looks good. I see what you mean about the reflections in the second picture though. The design looks slightly Dwemer-ish.

If you want, I could give you my version with the edits so you don't have to do it. :smile:

I'm still tweaking my ENB. When it's disabled, I get 60 frames, but enabled, I get about 45-ish and it annoys me. I had the perfect set-up at one stage (without an ENB) and it looked really nice and rendered great, but then Oblivion auto-detected the settings and screwed everything up. This game is so rebellious!

This house only gets 100GB a month, so this beta is 1/5 of the month's download... for a one hour playing session. :dry: And so far it has been about an hour and a half, and it's at 4%. FDSOIHDOISAHDOIHAS!!!

Also I finished making the first weapon, but I don't really like it so I'll probably scrap it. There are a few problems with the face behind the cross-guard diamond (it's supposed to be flat, but it looks like a shield) which annoys me. I might be able to use that to my advantage, though: this weapon was supposed to be Clanbringer, so if I make a coat of arms thing on the shield, it could symbolise unity.

http://puu.sh/6MMJa.jpghttp://puu.sh/6MMOf.jpg

The reflections don't look good in-game, sadly.

Surely you have better providers where you live, or better internet packages. that here is the minimum you can get, 100gb is basic package here. If you try looking for third party you would have better luck.

-SNIP-

Maybe, if it's not too bad I can probably get past things like "Friend..." though I know what you mean about those kinds of things in companion... frameworks? The one for Skyrim (UFO I think?) has something similar if I remember. It is kind of odd, but I suppose odd dialogue is acceptable for some of the cool features things like that add.

Speaking of companions, Obsidian did a great job in FONV. Why didn't Bethesda continue that into Skyrim?

I had to force HDR on to even see how ENB looked in Oblivion. Normally turning it on gave me a black screen (or blue if I had ENB installed). It's not even like HDR isn't something I can run on my laptop. It works great. I'll might just switch back to bloom though since I won't be using ENB.

I miiiiiight download ESO tonight. I think it might be fun if I spend a little more time playing it this time.

I think it looks good. I see what you mean about the reflections in the second picture though. The design looks slightly Dwemer-ish.

Yeah, the mod isn't really intrusive with gameplay, aside from the fact that friendly NPCs will have that "Friend..." topic, so it's pretty good. Obsidian had the right of it with New Vegas: Bethesda seems to have different motivations. I wonder why they didn't put more effort into the companion framework when companion mods are some of the most popular on the Nexus? Also, reckon Obsidian will make another Fallout game after Fallout 4's release?

Yeah, I like Oblivion's bloom. It is a lot softer and more pleasant looking than HDR IMO. I think HDR look a bit more realistic, but then again, it's still Oblivion. :P

According to the ESO FB page, the beta test will start at 12pm EST (which is 3am where I live) on February 8th (9th for me).

I suppose I could make it Dwemer, but Clanbringer is a weapon from Bloodmoon so I was actually trying to make it Nordic. Maybe if I change the colour and reduce the reflection, it will look more like what I want. Alternatively, I could make a new Clanbringer and just use this one elsewhere.

-Another SNIP-

Surely you have better providers where you live, or better internet packages. that here is the minimum you can get, 100gb is basic package here. If you try looking for third party you would have better luck.

'Straya, mate: we got no good internet here, pretty much. *Insert photo of a kangaroo.*

My Dad's place has 200GB a month, but I'm staying with my Mum at the moment. My friend in Cairns has really fast internet and unlimited download, but we don't get that further north.

Yeah, the mod isn't really intrusive with gameplay, aside from the fact that friendly NPCs will have that "Friend..." topic, so it's pretty good. Obsidian had the right of it with New Vegas: Bethesda seems to have different motivations. I wonder why they didn't put more effort into the companion framework when companion mods are some of the most popular on the Nexus? Also, reckon Obsidian will make another Fallout game after Fallout 4's release?

Yeah, I like Oblivion's bloom. It is a lot softer and more pleasant looking than HDR IMO. I think HDR look a bit more realistic, but then again, it's still Oblivion. :tongue:

According to the ESO FB page, the beta test will start at 12pm EST (which is 3am where I live) on February 8th (9th for me).

I suppose I could make it Dwemer, but Clanbringer is a weapon from Bloodmoon so I was actually trying to make it Nordic. Maybe if I change the colour and reduce the reflection, it will look more like what I want. Alternatively, I could make a new Clanbringer and just use this one elsewhere.

Why does Bethesda do anything they do? They have to know what some of the most popular ideas are for their games, but they choose to ignore them (and then implement them in a very sad way later... Who even uses horse combat?).

I don't think I'll be playing ESO. It'll be Saturday by the time the download finishes for me. :ermm:

I know. :tongue:

Something about the shape of it, though I suppose it fits the design of Skyrim's Nordic Carved armor as well.

Is your system puny and weak, nope. Civil unrest maxed and tall grass :D plus enb. Still 60fps and beyond. Also Deadly Dragons, when the two combined things get wild :teehee:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/21khz7d.jpg

Edited by Thor.

Ya i am, its a vanilla enb i am trying to reproduce, sun glare and everything is there, just keeping it lore friendly. Notice its allot brighter then Default skyrim.

Comes with time of day changes, night the light dims indoors, and the day its bright again. Super dark nights outdoors.

Edited by Thor.